Banned from discord , after insulting a eqPMS nubi ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSDjay

Grandmaster
So i Dont post on discord much, but sometimes i feel the need to give a catching reply..
Lately it been a trend ( by mostly eqPMS members) to insult Silly Santa in any way they can rl
and ingame for what it matters.

I am a big fan of no rl insults, but when people go on and on about certain things i feel the need to reply.

This evening was no other then other nights, me just finished watching a movie. Then reading on discord bout whats happening ingame first on ally chat then on UOF channel..

I saw Mutie on UOF discord post the question, if he orders a fleshlight will it come in discrete packaging then tagging silly santa..

Its a making fun of whatever rl thing, this kid was trying to be funny over the back of a friend of mine...

So i replied and i quote, " you dont need discrete packaging as you live in a trailer park with your family, am i right ? "
i then replied and i quote " your uncle might need it after you are done"

then i got banned...................................................

WTF is wrong with the staff on discord, i am totally a fan of non rl attacks but DONT BE FUCKING HYPOCRYTES.....

eqPMS and some others is rl attacking silly santa for almost a year , and nothing is being done about it;...

What kind of fools have you all permitted to be staff @Shane @Adam @JennaL @halygon @Swayze

LSDjay

Grandmaster
Bob White - Today at 3:54 PM i deleted everyones comments and kicked the guy who said the worst stuff deal with it

kick that nubi @staff , he is a poor judge....

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
So i Dont post on discord much, but sometimes i feel the need to give a catching reply..
Lately it been a trend ( by mostly eqPMS members) to insult Silly Santa in any way they can rl
and ingame for what it matters.

I am a big fan of no rl insults, but when people go on and on about certain things i feel the need to reply.

This evening was no other then other nights, me just finished watching a movie. Then reading on discord bout whats happening ingame first on ally chat then on UOF channel..

I saw Mutie on UOF discord post the question, if he orders a fleshlight will it come in discrete packaging then tagging silly santa..

Its a making fun of whatever rl thing, this kid was trying to be funny over the back of a friend of mine...

So i replied and i quote, " you dont need discrete packaging as you live in a trailer park with your family, am i right ? "

then i got banned...................................................

WTF is wrong with the staff on discord, i am totally a fan of non rl attacks but DONT BE FUCKING HYPOCRYTES.....

eqPMS and some others is rl attacking silly santa for almost a year , and nothing is being done about it;...

What kind of fools have you all permitted to be staff @Shane @Adam @JennaL @halygon @Swayze

In my honest opinion .... I fail to see why Mutie did not deserve to be kicked from discord.

@Staff - Why can EQMS take what i see as an IRL jab at me ...and my friend gets kicked off when he takes a jab back at the EQMS guy.... and EQMS doesn't get the kick too?

Last edited by a moderator:

GriefedYaBish

Grandmaster
I am a big fan of no rl insults

instead of accepting your ban for rl attacks, you are now going to shitpost and attack staff.

seems legit bruv

Last edited by a moderator:

LSDjay

Grandmaster
instead of accepting your ban for rl attacks, you are now going to shitpost and attack staff.

seems legit m8
After months of rl attacks against silly im not allowed to make one smart ass comment ?
This mutie been going on and on lately agains silly, he may have done it softly but enough is enough to a point...

Besides he who cast the first stone right ?
Ive had enough of this rl jokes against him, just to gain popularity votes inside his own merry guild..

Im not the one who was in the wrong, i posted this here to hopefully shed some light on the current situation.
Appearently everyone is allowed to make rl jokes against someone, but is not allowed to retaliate in anyway.

halygon

Grandmaster
After months of rl attacks against silly im not allowed to make one smart ass comment ?
This mutie been going on and on lately agains silly, he may have done it softly but enough is enough to a point...

Besides he who cast the first stone right ?
Ive had enough of this rl jokes against him, just to gain popularity votes inside his own merry guild..

Im not the one who was in the wrong, i posted this here to hopefully shed some light on the current situation.
Appearently everyone is allowed to make rl jokes against someone, but is not allowed to retaliate in anyway.
Couple things here.

One, we have done plenty in regards to the ongoing situation you referred to including dishing out bans, warnings, etc.

Two, the second you stooped to their level and brought the comments above into discord, you became just as guilty.

And lastly, Shane has given out strict directives for discord since we shut down the pvp channel and the mods are doing what they can to keep that directive followed. We do not see all unfortunately so if something does go on, give a mod the time and channel it happened in and we will take action - as you felt yourself.

I can understand why you are upset but we as staff are working to be fair to everyone and that includes retaliation for something someone else did.

N

Null

Your comment was significantly stronger, he took a jab at you suggesting you use fleshlights, while you took a jab at his family and housing situation.

If you can't differentiate between the two, that's your problem. A joke at your expense is not an attack on your family or real life situation.

If he had said something like "do you order fleshlights I know your family is into that stuff", THAT would have been way over the line and he'd get a kick too.

Simple case of taking your comment above the level of tolerance and then being mad when you're the one who got actioned.

And really? a kick and 5 minute mute? Not that bad.

Xiulan

Master
I get how dragging in people's families is worse, and I respect that staff are doing the best they can to keep the toxicity in check, but I'm curious -- how is insinuating that someone has sex with pieces of plastic less of an IRL personal attack than insinuating that someone lives in a trailer park?

Both pertain to a person's actions in real life, not in game. Both could be considered mockery or an insult. So both qualify as personal, IRL, and attacking.

N

Null

I get how dragging in people's families is worse, and I respect that staff are doing the best they can to keep the toxicity in check, but I'm curious -- how is insinuating that someone has sex with pieces of plastic less of an IRL personal attack than insinuating that someone lives in a trailer park?

Both pertain to a person's actions in real life, not in game. Both could be considered mockery or an insult. So both qualify as personal, IRL, and attacking.

I view the first comment more of a insulting jab at him as a person in rude manner, while the second had some stank behind it, meant to jab at that persons family and living situation, beyond the level of the first comments rudeness.

Xiulan

Master
K. Well there's a lot of gray area and I know it's tough to make those calls and people will get pissed no matter what you do (I used to moderate online forums almost as toxic as UOF's so I really do know how much it sucks). But if you don't mind a suggestion, I'd say that a history of harassment can also add stank to a comment and take it to another level.

In this case, since the harassment of Silly Santa consisted of insinuations about his sexual proclivities, Mutie's comment in Discord today seems less innocuous to me. It's part of an ongoing pattern of harassment. I just hope you guys will take that stuff into account.

girana

Grandmaster
Couple things here.

One, we have done plenty in regards to the ongoing situation you referred to including dishing out bans, warnings, etc.

Two, the second you stooped to their level and brought the comments above into discord, you became just as guilty.

And lastly, Shane has given out strict directives for discord since we shut down the pvp channel and the mods are doing what they can to keep that directive followed. We do not see all unfortunately so if something does go on, give a mod the time and channel it happened in and we will take action - as you felt yourself.

I can understand why you are upset but we as staff are working to be fair to everyone and that includes retaliation for something someone else did.

you forgot to mention that this dosnt apply if you in eqms

Nostradamus_1.jpg

BEN!

Grandmaster
its a 10 minute kick.... i got one yesterday for this:
.eJwlyFEKwyAMANC7eABjLbHa24gVW9YmYlL2UXb3DQbv6z3mHqdZza7aZQXYDik8NivKI7dqG3M7a-6H2MIXZNVc9quSCvgQfAoJ40_0CUP814KzW9w0RXQzwk0v4jfZTs18vgzXIvs.RB9OU_wqcMpzp7oyMV-_8wof3PQ

just wait the 10 minutes? starting a thread about it is dumb af. ppl analyzing it is also dumb AF. when they see a toxic conversation starting they are going to kick someone to end it. it's not a big deal.

Morkidan

Apprentice
There is a difference between being toxic and harassing someone lol. Also, kicking only 1 party involved and leaving the other to keep doing what they are doing seems pretty stupid. Both ppl need to be talked to about it and it should be fixed not just swept under the rug

Status
Not open for further replies.