Barracoon spawn revamp suggestion.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Coon spawn is still to easy. I propose the critters be upgraded:

1st wave: slimes and ratmen (instead of rats)
2nd wave: dire wolves and giant serpents (instead of ratmen)
3rd wave: would be fine the way it is
4th wave: would be fine the way it is.

As it stands first two waves are too easy. Even my proposal would be easy.

Other spawn that could be used:
Hell cats
lava serpents
Uhm, ahem, not sure what else would fit that would be an appropriate challenge. Open to any suggestions.

Or just leave it the way it is but only maybe drop no higher than 110's.

I am really surprised this champ has remained so easy and has been allowed to flood the market with PS. Changes made to Coon himself were steps in the right direction but were too overboard initially and nerfed too much upon that realization. Could stand to make both he and the spawn a bit tougher.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Mayyyybe:

1st wave: rat men and giant serpents
2nd wave: dire wolves and lava serpents
3rd & 4th unchanged

It's just...have any of guys worked the other spawns? There's a reason people don't do them very often. The difficulty in working the spawn is no comparison.

The other day I worked Neira almost entirely by myself for the first two waves before a bunch of newbs showed up for the last two waves. Overall the spawn took over 3 hrs.

If that happened at Coon, well let's put it this way I could do an entire Coon spawn by myself in less than two hours beginning to end.

limlight

Grandmaster
Considering its despise. It ahould be.
1: trolls and ratmen
2: rat mages and ogres
3: rat archers and silver serpents
4: titans and ogre lords

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Nihilism

Grandmaster
Or keep it the way it's been for 8-10 yrs since inception.
People should be opting for the other champs for skulls right now anyways, ie: Rikktor.
In 2 weeks they'll 99.9% be adding the Oaks spawn (no idea where since t2a is closed) and then the harrower after that. I suggest people start doing the others more often. Wait til you have to do an Oaks spawn, gonna be absolute hell again like it always has been.

Gedron

Master
Considering its despise. It ahould be.
1: trolls and ratmen
2: rat mages and ogres
3: rat archers and silver serpents
4: titans and ogre lords

I agree with Bromista. I like this build only I would keep Lvl 1 as is with slimes and rats. Then Lvl 2 trolls/ogres and Ratman mages/archers. Lvl 4 should definitely be titans and ogre lords.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

limlight

Grandmaster
People should be opting for the other champs for skulls right now anyways, ie: Rikktor.
In 2 weeks they'll 99.9% be adding the Oaks spawn (no idea where since t2a is closed) and then the harrower after that. I suggest people start doing the others more often. Wait til you have to do an Oaks spawn, gonna be absolute hell again like it always has been.

Its been that way for a long time..yes.
But that does not mean it should be. Every other spawn has high hp and hard hitting lvl 4. Ogre lords and titans would be like lords and rcs.

Just because something is some way for a long time doesnt mean change is bad.

At minimum rat archers should be titans. I mean having a creature that is a two hit easy kill on lvl has always been dumb.

Livid

Expert
The idea that they went for originally is all rats, each spawn has its own champ. Of course, rats have no hard mobs. Perhaps they could create a new high tier rat spawn? Then use it on the 4th level? That could be interesting. Or, change the high end spawn to be minotaurs? I mean, who doesn't love minotaurs? I'm pretty sure I read they added them to the real UO, but that was after I've played.

Nihilism

Grandmaster
Titans?
K, so in trade for making PS's harder to get, you want taming scrolls and thusly dono coins to go way down instead?

I'm game for that. Will help new players coming to the server be able to actually afford shit since dono coins are nearly the be all end all method of payment these days.

I don't think that is the ultimate answer though.

Beef up rat mage health or enable them to have a chance of being paragons (like other spawns) sure.

wendy whoppers

Grandmaster
Baracoon was a pvp hot spot... You're destroying that...

It was fine as is. Maybe paragon chance but leave it at that.

Also enable all champs to have a chance to spawn as a paragon. Would be cool to get a cheat/insanely hard.

Lastly add rares on champs. But maybe have baracoon drop no rares since he's easier... Just a thought. Put rare coloured sandals on the other champs... Would be good instead of having 99% of all rares on the donation vendor. OSI has this...

Nihilism

Grandmaster
I like the direction you're heading.
And also agree with what was mentioned before. Just like OSI did with the ilsh (basically trammel) facet, only allow 105's on coon.
Bring some incentive to doing the others (aside from skulls for the harrower)

All I know is I'm friggin DREADING doing oaks here.... Have a bad feeling very few will know how to do it...harrower/tentacles too
But ya. Upsides to other spawns, and downsides to coon.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Baracoon was a pvp hot spot... You're destroying that...

It was fine as is. Maybe paragon chance but leave it at that.

Also enable all champs to have a chance to spawn as a paragon. Would be cool to get a cheat/insanely hard.

Lastly add rares on champs. But maybe have baracoon drop no rares since he's easier... Just a thought. Put rare coloured sandals on the other champs... Would be good instead of having 99% of all rares on the donation vendor. OSI has this...
Your input is invalid.

And quite Trammel, actually.

Bromista

Grandmaster
People should be doing other spawns but they are not.

My suggestion will do more, not enough, but do more to push people out of Coon and into other spawns. It's a start.

Other spawns have been made more difficult with recent changes, FURTHER pushing people to do Coon and not do other spawns. Staff took a step in the wrong direction with recent changes.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Bromista I love champ spawns for many reasons. Main one being a pvp starter.

Trammel items encourage pvp.
Look, you aren't wrong about Coon being a PvP hotspot. Much moreso than any other champ.

But you act like there could never be PvP at a champ ever again if Coon is made more difficult.

Would you rather every champ take a small group of 3-5 players less than an hour to do? Because that's how Coon is right now, even after the changes. That would encourage more PvP, but would also flood the fuck out of the already flooded PS market which is the entire basis for this thread.

Take Coon away, I mean completely remove it, and you'll still have just as much opportunity to prey on the lambs mr. fierce lion.

wendy whoppers

Grandmaster
The market wouldn't be so flooded if other guilds actually used reds and killed the trammies. Don't see any reds taking spawns but POWER. Self policing required. I only take spawns on weekends. Not on enough.

Silvers

Master
The market wouldn't be so flooded if other guilds actually used reds and killed the trammies. Don't see any reds taking spawns but POWER. Self policing required. I only take spawns on weekends. Not on enough.

Agree with the part where Reds should be raiding more. I have tried raiding on my red but at the end of the day its usually 6-7 blues with dragons spamming all kill while their archer buddies are shooting at you. It would be nice if there were more raids for the PvP aspect of it. I don't know if the market will be less flooded, the powerscroll sellers will just move from big groups of blues to groups of reds that can raid spawns.

I also agree that the Despise spawn should be harder. I have done a few spawns with my guild (3-4 people running 2 characters each) and it will take us around 35 minutes to complete the spawn. Taking into account the first 2 levels you basically stand there AFK with your archer characters shooting the next grey that flags on you.

Bromista

Grandmaster
The only argument for reds doing a single thing to curb a flooded PS market is that they slightly slow down a spawn. Still too many scrolls dropping.

And as a matter of fact PvP guilds that to an extent can't really use the scrolls put almost all of them to market. At least trammies tend to have more crafters, tamers, and bards to eat up the scrolls. So this angle does not work.

wendy whoppers

Grandmaster
Reds raiding successfully would deter people spawning 24/7. We notice when only a few spawners are online that they leave the moment they see a POWER tag. Problem is most the shard is trash and too scared to use reds. Tamers are difficult to deal with though. Something needs to be done to tamers to stop the Zerg. Implement the uoforever skill gain/pet stat loss and most tamers will only have 70-80 Margery pets instead of the flame strike cannons at 7xgm like they are today.