Being killed in a house while AFK

ahson

Neophyte
Hello! I left my char on inside a house while I was AFK. Surprisingly I found out later that the char was being killed inside of it while the door was locked. I looked at the journal log but I guess it happened way back so didn't see anything. How did that happen? I am confused...

ton loc

Master
Is it a custom house? If so, do you have a NW corner piece in?
How close to the wall were you standing? Stand atleast 3 tiles in so people can't meteor swarm or chain lightning you.

ahson

Neophyte
I was in a classic standard small house and maybe I was a little too close to the side you're saying? I am sure the house door was locked.

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
Bombs, Chain Lighting and Meteor Swarm can AoE through the walls by 3 tiles as Ton Loc said. Earthquake can hit much further in, but you cannot kill with EQ, so need a finisher (such as purple pots or MS/CL).

Stand directly in the middle of a small classic and you'll be fine.

Protip: Even if you're 3 tiles from the wall, if they can target something close underneath or above you (go under the floor you're on, like in a stone/marble workshop) or shoot a wall/architecture above it, they can still hit you. These AoEs ignore the Z-axis ("up and down") so will hit all levels in that radius.