Berserker Relic Adjustments

dobber

Grandmaster
Eppy said the relics for the talisman are meant to be used together. Currently, distance from target is what enables you to time your relic procs at once. This is why the double strike relic has such a short range requisite. I propose to remove the range limit from the double strike (or infected wounds if it has one currently) and implement a toggle on/off switch for the phase shift relic. Many situations you don't want to phase shift such as fighting tentacles or when Fafnir has fire all around him etc. This would benefit so much and make the talisman decent for an archer.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
I doubt you will see this as the inability to proc all relics from a distance is what balances the "safety" of archery in comparison to other melee skills.

Peepin'Tom

Grandmaster
Using archery to gain talisman exp, GREAT!
Archery + meta relics, STUPID. Not only does Archery have no special moves, it is ultra slow, requires that you stop / stand still, BUT is limited to the same range restrictions as other melee weapons when trying to proc a relic...thus making it practically pointless compared to any other weapon skill.
Let's keep shitting on archery! YEAAAAAHHH!
Time to switch weapon skills.

dobber

Grandmaster
As we can see no one buying these relics...they are just bad. Stamina loss with a dual handed weapon means you have to unequip to chug a red pot and you lose DPS because swing timer. Not worth to get any stamina loss relic for archer for many reasons.

Fattson

Grandmaster
I think part of the issue is that two of the relics don't really fit a "berserker" kind of flavor. The double strike and tread, yeah. But a berserker isn't going to poison or teleport around.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
I think a berserker would most certainly rush (tele) into a fight. To be honest archery in general doesn't fit the berserker mentality but to not allow it with archery would be very imbalanced.

Phase is actually a great relic and an Archer who knows what he is doing can actually benefit from it the most.

Fattson

Grandmaster
I think a berserker would most certainly rush (tele) into a fight. To be honest archery in general doesn't fit the berserker mentality but to not allow it with archery would be very imbalanced.

Phase is actually a great relic and an Archer who knows what he is doing can actually benefit from it the most.
You're probably right but I was speaking from my own experience. My zerk is an lj.

dobber

Grandmaster

can you explain how archer benefits the most?