Best Skill Level for Second BOD Runner

Tynder

Master
I created a second "crafter" to assist in gathering additional BODs. My schedule only allows for me to get 2 BODs per day with any regularity, so I felt, what the heck create another toon with blacksmithing and tailoring as skills to double that.

Is there a certain skill level that would be ideal? Got both tailoring and blacksmithy up to 80.1 and was getting pretty decent BODs, but then occasionally, I go on a run of bad luck and get a bunch on non-exceptional garbage. I noticed prior to scrolling up my main crafter that I was getting crap even at GM on a regular basis, so I am not sure if GM is any better.

Any thoughts?

BeerJedi

Grandmaster
I likely shouldn't respond as i have horrid luck. i've got 3 smiths cause I only collect 2 (at best 3 times) a day. My smiths are 90, 100 and 120. If i make a 4th, i'll stop it at 80.1 to keep the timer to 3 hours.

I've got one tailor, for them, one at 80 works well as you'll get a lot of non-exceptional bods that still have good value in tailoring (not like Smithing)

Tynder

Master
I thought BOD timers on the low end were adjusted so that everyone was on a 6 hour timer. Not that it matters to me since my schedule wouldn't allow more frequent gathering anyway. Having two kids under 5 wrecks havoc on game play since my wife frowns upon me sitting in front of the computer before they are in bed.

Speaking of bad luck, I have been collecting BODs for nearly a year and have yet to get a single tailor BOD that would be part of a 115 PS. I finally broke down and bought the 115. The 120 BS at 2 million is just too expensive for my taste even though I technically could afford it.

Thanks for the input. I might tick my BS up a little to see if I can get something a little better than non-exceptional fencing LBOD and DC shields.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

halygon

Grandmaster
I got a large val plate bod 20 ex at gm bs so i dunno if anything past gm effects the chances but i could be wrong
Chances for exceptional and/or Large bods are higher. That's it.

You *can* still get all the same bods at master, grandmaster, elder, and legendary.

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
So if you're going to make additional blacksmith characters, wouldn't it make sense (if anything) to keep their skills low, say around 70 or 80, so they can get small BODs to help fill your main crafter's large BODs?

halygon

Grandmaster
So if you're going to make additional blacksmith characters, wouldn't it make sense (if anything) to keep their skills low, say around 70 or 80, so they can get small BODs to help fill your main crafter's large BODs?
That's what most folks do -- IMO mostly because they don't want to GM yet another crafter skill :)

I have a full legendary(120) guy and then a 115 bs 99.9 tailor as my alt. He still gets non exceptional which is nice for tailor. For BS I am just tryin to get highest odds possible to get the decent bods since its a rough road.

BeerJedi

Grandmaster
I thought BOD timers on the low end were adjusted so that everyone was on a 6 hour timer. Not that it matters to me since my schedule wouldn't allow more frequent gathering anyway. Having two kids under 5 wrecks havoc on game play since my wife frowns upon me sitting in front of the computer before they are in bed.

Speaking of bad luck, I have been collecting BODs for nearly a year and have yet to get a single tailor BOD that would be part of a 115 PS. I finally broke down and bought the 115. The 120 BS at 2 million is just too expensive for my taste even though I technically could afford it.

Thanks for the input. I might tick my BS up a little to see if I can get something a little better than non-exceptional fencing LBOD and DC shields.

LOL - preaching to the choir. My wife is the same! And my kids let me know. :D

BS need (imo) to be at least 90.