Biggest Noob Contest!!!!!!

Coorhagen

Grandmaster
When I first started on this server I would hunt ettins and ogres on Ocllo island. I had found an unlocked house and I would run around until I had around 5 - 10 ettins/ogres chasing me and I would go into the house and then remove myself, run to the door and fight them while standing in the door way.
One day while I was doing this, the owner of the house came and said he had no problem with it but that skills raise slower in the houses (I was raising lumberjack/swords/tactics/anatomy and healing).

The house was one of those classic designs, a little one room wooden house named "The Harrower's Den".

No screenshot from me but I thought I would share this anyways.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Lol @ my fan club.

Crazy how somebody so irrelevant can have such an impact on the people who make such claims.

Forgos

Neophyte
I started here thinking I could PvP in no time. Its now 2+ weeks on and my dreams are shattered. I made a med warrior because hey who doesn't want to whack on people and xheal. Oh how the weak have fallen and reality set in.

I started in Skara Brae, home of all noobs turned PvP gods. I fought and never macro'ed anything eventually becoming good enough to take on the mighty liches. What a punishing effort liches are to whack and whack away and die 1/3rd of the time to PKs. I've been killed by everyone: Reds, Blues, a Factioner, Orcs and of course the dreaded lich paragon. I met some good people who of course don't use voice comm or any kind of instantenous communication so its been rough trying to coordinate with them.

When travelling with my bard/archer/mage friends I'm always stuck casting blade spirit and flamestrike combination on anything worth killing. One night we tackled Wrong and made a whole 50000 gold coins making us "Ten thousand-aires". I got a good laugh out of my more PvM oreinted buddies with that one and only 5k for my effort cause you know a med warrior only does 1/10th the work of an archer/bard. One day while attacking Liches an Orc comes up to us and we RPed with them for a tribute tour of the cave, I think both the orc and ourselves got some good laughs out of that. The plunder has been more evenly split as I became better at killing things at Wrong with the PvM extradoinaires but it was slow going and there were many lean times without good things to go hunting with. I participated in the Orc Event and got in the Upper half of Orc Damage and by far had one of the most fun times of any times during a UO event. Then it happened, I killed a lich and an animal taming scroll dropped. I am now rich with about 250k in holdings!

If there is a more needing newb I will abstain from the contest but couldn't pass up the contest. Thanks for this and maybe you should extend it to a little later in the day.

Gedron

Master
Yes! I am working on them. Sorry for the delay, work is getting in the way of UO currently!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Undelicious

Okay so I read some of the posts here and I decided I should take a crack at it since I started Ultima Online brand new a few days ago. I made a forum account for this haha since server is down I might as well right? Here goes nothing:

So my first day I spent about 5 hours reading/absorbing as much knowledge as I could about being a melee hero and how to train it. I logged on and made my character and headed straght to the newbie dungeon. I trained there all day and I went back to town to get more supplies, I couldnt get back into the dungeon and I hadnt Achieved grandmaster in anything!! I went exploring up north of brit and stumbled upon tons of creatures and just keep walking everywhere I could, eventually I made it to a dungeon through a 2 caves, there were lizards up top and ettins in the bottom so I kept hunting, some group of red names ran up and killed me. I lost like 40k and all desire to play a melee hero again. I went on to make another account/character this time I did it right, MAGE baby! learned how to recall, mark, and found out there were other towns than brit, many other dungeons! Im not done with this story as I am still playing and man I love this game. I dont want to win I just want to say hi I'm new and I love Ultima Online!!!!!!!!

Bawls555

Neophyte
Contest already ended but ill post just for laughs... went to noob dungeon an hour in and was ready to smack some buddy skeletons. I tried to cast a spell which prob fizzled...W.e. I proceeded to spend the next 35 minutes cussing out my screen trying to make my guy swing at anything with no relief. I was double clicking everything and it would not attack... n nothing would attack me obviously since I was new. I think I gave up and found a package and started mining somewhere.. Noobest part you ask? I still dont know why I couldn't attack :)

Gedron

Master
Sorry for the delay everyone! I was smacked with an unprecedented amount of work which prevented me from fully reviewing the entries. I must note that it was a VERY tough decision for the grand prize, all of you are submitted wonderful entries, but alas, there can be only one true noob. Now without further ado, I present to you the winners!

2nd & 3rd place winners are:

Xombie86

Forgos

Congrats to you both!

And now! The biggest noob and winner of the grand prize is…

Dun dun dun

I’m with stupid!

(Queue buzzers and confetti and all that celebratory shit)

Congratulations and all that jazz! You are UOF’s biggest noob! May this tittle follow (and not haunt) you to well-being and prosperity in the UO world!

Congratulations to all the winners and a VERY big thank you for your participation! Please send me a PM on the forum or on irc (gedron) so that I can arrange prize delivery to you!

Thanks again everyone! Stay tuned for other contests in the future!

Xombie86

Master
Sweet thx. I g2g to work but will be on tomorrow! Kudos for "I'm with stupid" taking the cake and tying with me. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Gedron

Master
Giving out the grand prize!

10q9p9g.png

Stay tuned for future contests!!!