Blessed Repair Bag (Repairs all items inside bag)

Grizard

Adept
I want to suggest a gold sink or donation vendor item that is such that you place all the items you are wanting to repair in a bag and then repair that bag. It would then perform either Carpentry, Sewing, or Smithy repairs on the items in the bag.

I would Pay 200-300k for that item. A lot more people are using dexxers with the talisman so there is a lot more repairs going on. I just watch my shield drop AR at champ spawns and am spending way more time repairing. A bag to drop them into would save a few clicks.

I have a ton of weapons at one of my houses and cant remember if they are repaired or not. It would be nice just to drop a huge bag of weapons and click repair on the main bag and have it handle all of them.

halygon

Grandmaster
What about the Tailors/Carpenters/Blacksmiths that you will be putting out of jobs? :)

No really though, there are already repair deeds that you can buy (player made solution), that will do what you need. It does require you to have the deed and use it near a tailor/carpenter/blacksmith shop.

Having a blessed bag that you could put worn out items at any time may be quite OP and also pretty much nullify the mechanics for durability reduction from damage taken.

Grizard

Adept
The bag would check the skill of what you are repairing. If I am a blacksmith and have 120 smithy, then it basically is clicking the repair button, ITem 1, Repair button Item 2, etc, It is just a time savings.

Grizard

Adept
I say just have it do the forge check also. The only value add would be that it is like clicking tongs, then each individual item. Strictly a time saver.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
The only way this could be remotely acceptable is if there was a hefty cool-down using it. I personally do not like the idea because of its blessed nature, un-blessed on the other hand I approve! *wonder why that is?*

Grizard

Adept
I am fine with the unblessed part. I could see how anyone could just stash their items in the bag before dying and have the items within be "Blessed" also. In theory a razor / uosteam script could be generated to just repair each item, but I don't have the programming talent to do that.

Tydeus

Master
There is no need for this if you just use Razor properly.

I created a macro that runs an undress macro, uses a sewing kit, and then proceeds to make repairs on a 32 AR barbed leather suit with an orc helm. Once the repairs are finished, it completes the process by running a dress macro. It takes about 10 seconds to undress, repair everything, and dress yourself again using this macro. You just have to be familiar with the Arm/Dress feature of Razor and how to create Razor macros.

I'd upload the macro and inform you on how to edit it, but it doesn't look like file uploads are enabled on this forum. If you really want it, I could upload it to dropbox and post a link later on.

Tydeus

Master
Now that I think about it, you'll most likely not undress and repair on the same char, so you just simply need to create an Arm/Dress macro in the Arm/Dress tab of Razor, along with an undress bag, run the undress macro, hand the bag over to your crafter, make repairs with the macro, and then hand the bag back and run a dress macro. Will take 10-15 seconds.

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
What about the Tailors/Carpenters/Blacksmiths that you will be putting out of jobs? :)

No really though, there are already repair deeds that you can buy (player made solution), that will do what you need. It does require you to have the deed and use it near a tailor/carpenter/blacksmith shop.

Having a blessed bag that you could put worn out items at any time may be quite OP and also pretty much nullify the mechanics for durability reduction from damage taken.

I like the idea but.....
Make it only usable by a char with the perspective trades.

SidX

Grandmaster
Repair deeds are a pain to use but they are actually quite profitable for crafters to sell.. I craft them for 5gp per and they fly off my vendors at 250gp a pop.

Sadly I would have to vote no on this one because repairing your items is part of the game.. it's part of the player economy.

Also believe me, vendor houses with stocked repair deed vendors see 5x as much return traffic to the shops which boosts other sales as well. So this may be a time saver but it hurts a lot else.

---

After butlers were implemented I noticed sales at my shop went way down. Instead of going to a vendor shop to get your armor and kegs whenever you needed them, the butler lets anyone spend 1hr on their crafter and they have supplies for weeks. Before, nobody wanted to log off, get on their crafter, make suits, etc.. so they shopped.. time savers are great but we need to take into account their impact elsewhere.

NoXXeD

Grandmaster
I would only support repair deeds if they can be used at ANY smith or tailor. They only work in brit and thats bullshit because my red cannot get repairs done in Bucs. @eppy

Grizard

Adept
So to compile the Suggestions.

1. Chest (Makes more sense, require it to be locked down) where you place items in it for repair. (Possibly similar to commodity box you use at house) Chest seems to be better idea in that I can drop a huge bag of weapons into the chest and repair them all at once. I could even see working out of the chest with my armor as a secure box to keep all of my weapons / armor in constant repair each day before battle.

2. Possibly Charge with Repair Deeds (Keeps Repair Deed Market Viable)

3. I say also have an option that if a repairman clicks his repair tool and then the chest it repairs those type items inside. (It would need to be placed near a forge/anvil for smithy repairs.

I think with the above options it would not be too overpowered and that it would be a huge time savings.

Last edited by a moderator: