Blue chest off arctic ogre lords

Cack

Grandmaster
So I was wondering what this was. Its not a paragon chest. It bluw up and killed me...when i got back it and my regs were gone. So it was looted or whatever. Or maybe blew up and disintigrated my regs...no clue.

Cack

Grandmaster
nah, it wasnt that. I watched the mob appear and the chest appear as the corpse thing did. they dont loot from corpses, i dont think. So how would a player get a trapped chest on the mob?
If they did, this is friggin hilarious.

Cack

Grandmaster
Maybe a stealther sneaked it on the orge corpse as it died?
yea that was my second thought, but there wouldve been a delay between when the corpse thing appeared and when he dropped it. everything appeared at once

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
Only things I can of are: the ogre looted the chest off someone that died, a very sneaky stealther dropped it on the corpse as soon as it died. If you saw that ogre spawn than it was probably a good stealther lol

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
I know taking an item from a corpse reveals you, as well as looking into a corpse. Not sure if putting something on a corpse would reveal you though

Messremb

Grandmaster
If you don't open the corpse it does not reveal you.

This is a little know way to kill and loot people. To avoid it just turn off auto search containers.

Casor

Adept
I don't see how you can be a victim of a player trapped chest, unless I am missing something.

When a player traps a chest, the trap is disabled until the chest is locked. Then if you unlock it, it disables the trap. Or, so the message says when you do this in game.

So, the chest shouldn't have been trapped unless it was also locked. Or, is there a way around this?