Boats and Dragons

Tydeus

Master
I know some people who rely on "All Kill" from beefed up dragons to pirate people may not like this, but I am suggesting making it so only these sort of pets can be put on a Galleon or that ship speed is decreased while they're on board. Having two huge dragons on a small boat is not realistic, especially when that small speed boat is moving at outrageous speeds for a sailboat. Wouldn't having all of that extra weight from two dragons and their wings slow movement speed down, or possibly even make the boat sink, if not by mere weight alone, then by those dragons stomping on the wood and causing holes?

Tydeus

Master
As it is, you can only place so much weight into the storage hatch on these boats, and those dragons probably weigh more than the ship itself!

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Any time the realism argument is used I find the suggestion to be rediculous.

This is NOT an exception to that rules.

Tydeus

Master
Well, what I said was true; those dragons wouldn't be able to be on such tiny boats, and pirates should be using pirate ships anyway. Even just limiting dragons to 1 for smaller boats and 2 for pirate ships could work. It appears at the time of this writing, that the boat speed was put back to normal speeds anyway, which is good, IMO. We would see a lot more large pirate ships out in the ocean if dragon limitations were put on the smaller boats. Using dragons should require more sacrifice and investment anyways. Dragons honestly took away from serious fights out at sea that involve tactics and coordination by making it a simple matter of using what could be considered auto turrets (dragons breath) that never miss and do massive damage.

Bilb Ono

Expert
It's like when I try to flamestrike in real life I fizzle almost every time so they should probably take it out of the game so it's more realistic

Tydeus

Master
Very poor analogy, Bilb Ono. This isn't "real life," but fantasy, where "magic" spells exist. Just because it is fantasy does not mean that the rules of physics do not exist. Put a few tons on a small boat and it should not operate, just like in this "fantasy" game you can get overloaded and unable to move on your player character if you're carrying too much. My suggestion is intelligent and would make for a wide variety of boats being used. Perhaps no dragons allowed on a small boat, 1 dragon on a large boat, and 2 (or more) dragons on a Galleon.

Dragons make fire...Fire is hot....hot things float...Dragons can fly....logically...they can't weight that much, just saying...

Tydeus

Master
All that I see are a plethora of excuses as to why tamers with their dragons should be allowed to control a classic boat with one or two dragons that weigh tons, when in fact you can't even move without taking stamina loss if you're overloaded on a player character, and you can only place so much in your house(s) due to "realistic" limits. The dragon lovers will of course whine about this, but it is open for suggestion. The dragon lovers might even like the new change, because all sorts of boat varieties will be seen out at sea.

I know some people who rely on "All Kill" from beefed up dragons to pirate people may not like this, but I am suggesting making it so only these sort of pets can be put on a Galleon or that ship speed is decreased while they're on board. Having two huge dragons on a small boat is not realistic, especially when that small speed boat is moving at outrageous speeds for a sailboat. Wouldn't having all of that extra weight from two dragons and their wings slow movement speed down, or possibly even make the boat sink, if not by mere weight alone, then by those dragons stomping on the wood and causing holes?
If you want to talk realistic, wtf is there a dragon doing on your ship? Dragons arnt real.