Grandmaster
never mind! Found it! :D

For anyone interested:

X = reward, Y = number of BODs used

X/(Y+1)=price per sBOD
(X/[Y+1])2=price per LBOD

AssHat

Grandmaster
what about ingot cost or time spent farming ingots, or your time to complete the bods, or how about being payed for the time to track down the missing bods or to recoup the cost of making a smith ;) those should ALLLLLLLL be taken into account

TyraeL!

Master
2972dea2e0d4b35da56b15ccb98fd2bd.gif

Fattson

Grandmaster
what about ingot cost or time spent farming ingots, or your time to complete the bods, or how about being payed for the time to track down the missing bods or to recoup the cost of making a smith ;) those should ALLLLLLLL be taken into account
No it shouldn't. No one gives a shit and no one made you become a crafter. The only thing that should matter is what price the market can bear. Plain and simple.

AssHat

Grandmaster
No it shouldn't. No one gives a shit and no one made you become a crafter. The only thing that should matter is what price the market can bear. Plain and simple.

and thats why i stopped crafting :D and im sure most will see the same trend so thanks to people like you there is no market :D

Fattson

Grandmaster
and thats why i stopped crafting :D and im sure most will see the same trend so thanks to people like you there is no market :D
Really, Mr. Trammy tears? I'm sure the reason our market is shit has nothing to do with people like you constantly demanding top dollar for something they pretty much got for free. Go rage about pks in General Discussion and leave crafting to the crafters, bruh.

Fattson

Grandmaster
FYI. Just sold every single 120 bod, large and small, last week. At 25k for smalls and 50k for larges. This was to help new crafters during our summer time slump. It's called community, and because of people like you, our community has no market.

AssHat

Grandmaster
lol i have sold thousands of bods way under priced in past months :D just the posts, 800 bods for 1.4mil thats 1,750k per!!!! talk about HELP, please, stick to PVP

Enthalpic

Grandmaster
I think your formula prices the BODs too steep, and I wouldn't tie a LBOD value to the total number of BODs to fill the set. With the above listed formulas, there would be zero reason for to do business with you since the BODS are overpriced. I don't think it could be correct to value the sum of the BODS as greater than the value of the BOD reward itself. If you insisted on using a formula to price, I'd go with what I have below.

(X= Value of LBOD Reward, Y= Specifically the number of SMALL BODs to fill the set)
At best I would say the total value of small BODs for a LBOD is X/2
So, value each small BOD at X/2y

At best I would say the value of the Large BOD is X/4

... This would leave 25% profit - (tiime + resources) for the crafter. And there is certainly variance to these values when compared to individual BODS on the market, but I think it hits a decent average that you can use as a guide to price your BOD.

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
I generally just go with the following:

120 bs and gold runic small bods: 50k
120 and gold large" 100k
aggy small: 150k
aggy large: 300k
verite small: 250k
verite large: 750k
val smalls: 5-600k
val large: 2-2.5 mil

Prices have been dropping recently for aggy and up with the exception of val hammers - I can see aggy/verite hammers and charges sat in the selling thread. I will ask slightly more for chainmail small/large as they are much cheaper to fill than plate and am always happy to negotiate - its not like it cost me much to obtain my bods - couple of mins each run saying all sell :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mango

Grandmaster
I've gone by less than the value of the reward.. SO if the reward is a bronze runic hammer (80k) sell the bod for 50k.
I like going just below the reward cost aswell. I woke up this morning and read this. Decided to look over my formulas in my BOD spreadsheet. and noticed I forgot my discount T_T time to reprice! <3