Bonded Golems

Wizx13

Grandmaster
Wow so people are buying these then paying for bonding deed for a cosmetic pet? 1.8 m is crazy lol

wreckognize

Grandmaster
@eppy ive seen other freeshards customize these so they can eat iron ingots and be rezd with some special item. Whats your take on possibly doing the same thing?

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Wow so people are buying these then paying for bonding deed for a cosmetic pet? 1.8 m is crazy lol

1.8m deal was just a joke, it never happened.

Though in truth I had initially posted with the high price, hoping someone would buy it, bond it and then need to page gms asking why they just wasted donation money on bonding it when you cant rez it.

Sometimes making people cry is the best way to get the changes you want, because simply asking for things politely ends up getting you trolled unreasonably. But I called it quits because of a personal moral objection, and to troll people who trolled my sell thread.

Wrexx

Grandmaster
Not everything needs a permanent spot. Call em a gag for an event. If people chose to spend lots of money on a gamble cause there was little provided information, that's on them. The rest of us just point and laugh.

Wizx13

Grandmaster
If they wernt ment to keep they should have been unbondable. You still have people paying 350k-800k plus cost of bonding deed.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Not everything needs a permanent spot. Call em a gag for an event. If people chose to spend lots of money on a gamble cause there was little provided information, that's on them. The rest of us just point and laugh.

yeah because the learning curve isn't already bad enough, we should be sinking donation coins into useless items rather than donating it to the animal shelter, right?

wrong. It was a staff oversight that bonding deeds can be used. I say now, given that it's already happened to a few people, the best fix is to use this opportunity to create template diversity in an enjoyable fashion and customize as I've mentioned since it has worked well for other freeshards.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
To be fair though, balance wise golems are a pretty good tank and not needing taming makes these a very useful tool for meta dexers and mages. However with a little tweaking I think they could still be a good fit. If they were going to do this, they should add npc golems that drop them in game and not have them as a rare item.

Young Star

Grandmaster
How rare are the materials to make one of them? i have been hearing mixed response. Some say they are common parts that people usually just don't bother collecting. Others claim they were only dropping with the invasion when the golems were spawning. Still haven't heard if you can stable it or does it just sit in your house? I guess it doesn't go wild?

wreckognize

Grandmaster
you need the clockwork to make it, which was only dropping at the giant event for a very limited time. the other component that is semi rare is power crystals which drop frequently, iron ingots and tinker made gears.

you can stable it.

Deadpool

Grandmaster
latest
This is what we're all talking about, yes?

Sephid

Master
*Suggestion*

Should be able resurrect with GM tinkering and tinker tools using repair + X number of iron ingots. Same with healing. Should require tinkering as well as iron ingots.