booty island

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caso

Grandmaster
Is this working? Isn't there some big new dungeons on there? Can someone fill me in as I'd love to explore it and fight some new mobs.

Bromista

Grandmaster
This again?

There's not much to see. There's a few spawns, one of which is the only place in the game to find swamp dragons.

Doesn't take long to explore. Maybe spend an hour doing that instead of griefing noobs at the Crafter's Guild during off peak hours lolol

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
We could easily make the dungeon a casual spawn like you see day after day, however the Booty Island Dungeon was designed specifically for custom coded content. Meaning, if you do or complete this or that, then a gate or two opens to let you advance. If you complete a puzzle it opens up another secret. There's TONS of secret areas in the booty island dungeon and that's what we want to build on. It was originally designed for so much more than a regular spawned dungeon.

So that's what we are going to do, if you guys are okay with that! We apologize it has taken so long, we've simply been working on more prioritized issues, and additions in the last while.

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
Sea champs! It was there..then gone. So sad.

They just need to prioritize what they want to do first. And focus on that. If it's Kingdoms, then let it be Kingdoms. I think they just really need someone else who can code and create things. Right now I think it's just Adam. That's a lot on someone's plate.

You gotta be a fool if you believe Shanes words that Booty Island will ever be completed! What's with all the constant lies about content releases? You haven't released the shit from last year yet but keep making promises about new content! Just read what staff said would be in Kingdoms 4 months ago, "Revamped RDAs with storylines" - does anyone really believe this shit? Staff has added a broken sea champ and wands so far, that stuff wasn't even planned for Kingdoms, let alone Booty. This is getting ridiculous!

Woodsman

Expert
You gotta be a fool if you believe Shanes words that Booty Island will ever be completed! What's with all the constant lies about content releases? You haven't released the shit from last year yet but keep making promises about new content! Just read what staff said would be in Kingdoms 4 months ago, "Revamped RDAs with storylines" - does anyone really believe this shit? Staff has added a broken sea champ and wands so far, that stuff wasn't even planned for Kingdoms, let alone Booty. This is getting ridiculous!
austin-powers-quotes-1.gif

Bromista

Grandmaster
Last I heard on the subject from staff, the last thing we want is too many cooks in the dev department. Back in the day there was up to three at one point and when new content was implemented it really felt like things didn't operate as smoothly as they do now.

I'm with drasked. Perfect is impossible but I'd rather the process take time and enjoy more sparse but quality content over a bunch of broken crap.

Put broken stuff in the game and it hurts your image more IMO. It gives the appearance that staff doesn't care or is incompetent which is not true. Oversights can and will happen the least we can hope for is that it's kept to a minimum.

UOF is a free server. It's free to play. Sorry the new content that is already implemented isn't enough.

That being said communication could be a bit better. By the same token I mean really is anyone just dying if we aren't being constantly updated on and bombarded by new content? It comes in waves just be patient. I'm sure there will be a lot of fresh content to keep us occupied during the winter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
I don't blame the people who are frustrated, the missed timeline issue has been nearly constant. It does suck sometimes.

@Shane has acknowledged it and I think see's how it frustrates people. I understand the need to hype new content, but the balance needs to go a bit more towards having it content developed and tested before it is announced.

And of course, no more completion date announcements. Shit don't work.

But yeah, all things considered, bitching and moaning about your free stuff not being ready fast enough is a total dick move and people should just play the game imo

Or just stop promising the world and focus on what's doable. Here is the full list of features that were promised to be in the game in spring of this year:

General Content:
  • ULTIMA ONLINE FOREVER GUILDS
  • ULTIMA ONLINE FOREVER BUTLER
  • RUNE-ETCHED TREASURE MAPS AND INSTANCED TREASURE MAP DUNGEONS
  • CRAFTER META RELICS AND A REVAMPED META MAGE RELIC
  • A NEW META PET
  • EXTENDED META PET LEVELING
  • SEVERAL NEW DUNGEONS
  • NEW WHIRLPOOLS REWRITTEN FROM THE GROUND UP
  • NEW BOD SYSTEM WRITTEN FROM THE GROUND UP
  • RDA REVAMPS, NOW WITH STORY LINES!
  • MANY NEW CREATURES/MONSTERS/BOSSES
  • LEGENDS WEBSITE REWRITE
  • ENHANCED CLIENT SUPPORT
  • FINISHING BLOWS
  • SCROLL QUESTS
  • MONSTER HUNTING CONTRACTS
  • NAVAL COMBAT REWRITE - WE'VE HEARD YOUR VOICES!
Kingdoms:
  • JOIN A KINGDOM AND ENJOY ALL THE PERKS AND BENEFITS OF BEING A FULL-FLEDGED CITIZEN OF BRITANNIA
  • RECEIVE PERKS AND BENEFITS FROM YOUR KINGDOM WITHOUT HAVING TO ENGAGE IN ANY KIND OF PVP
  • ENGAGE IN POLITICKING TO DETERMINE WHO WILL WEAR YOUR KINGDOM'S CROWN
  • VIE FOR DOMINANCE IN EPIC KINGDOM ON KINGDOM ACTION
  • DESTROY FORTRESSES WITH VARIOUS SIEGE ENGINES SUCH AS CATAPULTS, BALLISTAE, CANNONS, AND SIEGE TOWERS
  • SUBJUGATE AND VASSALIZE CONQUERED KINGDOMS
  • FORM ALLIANCES WITH SMALLER KINGDOMS TO WAGE WAR AGAINST LARGER KINGDOMS
  • JOIN A KINGDOM'S MILITIA TO ENGAGE IN FACTION STYLE COMBAT
In the next few months we will be:
  • RELEASING THE KINGDOMS EXPANSION
  • HAVING OUR GLORIOUS LORD RICHARD GARRIOTT VISIT
  • HIRING (5) NEW STAFF MEMBERS
  • HIRING SEVERAL "FORUM MVPS" (Moderators)
  • OBTAINING A PHYSICAL OFFICE TO WORK OUT OF
  • INTRODUCING SUPPORT FOR THE ULTIMA ONLINE ENHANCED CLIENT
  • CREATING AND MAINTAINING A DISCORD CHANNEL FOR PLAYERS. STAFF WILL BE EASILY REACHABLE IN DISCORD.
  • A NEW AND EXTREMELY IMPROVED LAUNCHER
  • SUMMER BAZAAR EVENT
  • ZOMBIE LAND EVENT
  • INVESTING AN ADDITIONAL $2,000 USD PER MONTH INTO ADVERTISING + MARKETING
  • NEW EXPANSION VIDEO AND WEBSITE REVAMPS
  • ULTIMA ONLINE FOREVER MERCHANDISE

Do you honestly believe these features will be implemented at all in the future? The stuff in this list almost reads like a joke now. This stuff is years away if it ever will be implemented at all. And this is talking about Kingdoms, not even Booty, which was a whole different expansion that was supposed to be done before Kingdoms was even a thing. That Shane talks here as if all these super cool and dynamic features for Booty will ever be implemented when he has completely ditched that expansion and is already working on the next thing is simply a lie. Do you really think staff was first working on these amazing things for Booty, then ditched them and started working on Kingdoms, then even posted in spring that this thing WILL be available within the next few months and now 4 months later has absolutely nothing to show for, yet somehow all these promised things will totally be done somewhere in the future? As I said, this is getting ridiculous and staff here would be better of fixing the TONS of in one way or another broken systems the shard has before promising two insane expansions that will NEVER be implemented like they were promised. I'll probably be banned for calling out these obvious lies here but honestly, at this point I'd rather speak my mind.

But yeah, all things considered, bitching and moaning about your free stuff not being ready fast enough is a total dick move and people should just play the game imo

There's probably not a single soul that has fully explored the content we already have.

Exactly, this is a free shard and has a ton of content so why constantly make up these empty promises of more features. I remember a few months ago everyone was making remove trap t-hunters because these "Indiana Jones" style dungeons were supposed to come soon. Does anyone even think about that anymore now? Same goes for the sea champ. That thing half worked for a few weeks and then was removed without ever fixing it. Yet somehow not one but two HUGE expansions will be released in the future.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Well let's get Shane in here and start checking items off your list that have been done so he can see what needs addressed and get his priorities straight.

That is a huge list and I'm sure there are many irons in the fire. I like the ambition!

I know I know it's not your list it's his and things appear to be behind schedule is all you are trying to say.

Decreamos

Grandmaster
I agree 100%. However, little or no communication from the devs makes it difficult to see their progress. Whatever happened to finishing what you started.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

I take it you're new here? Granted this is THE BEST free server that exists...they are notorious for starting and not finishing content. It's the place I call home...but even home isn't perfect :)

Stuart

Master
I take it you're new here? Granted this is THE BEST free server that exists...they are notorious for starting and not finishing content. It's the place I call home...but even home isn't perfect :)
I couldn't agree more. [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Sparhawk

Grandmaster
Missing dungeon/spawn completion aside, Booty island itself is a top shelf addition to the uo world. The landscape is gorgeous and no mount + ruggedness makes the terrain a more noticeably vital factor in combat and exploration. In a server built with the intention of being around 'forever', this is the way to go. Adding content just for the sake of having something new seems counterintuitive to this and the nostalgia seeking portion of the player base, and done poorly only draws you out of the immersion the game is so famous for (perfectly rectanglular lich graveyard dropped from outer space on the end of a peninsula for example)

Agree under promise and over deliver is a better motto, but if you enjoy the game for what it is and always has been, unmet deadlines and broken promises won't get you all bent out of shape and interfere with the 'having fun'' bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.