Bowcraft/fletching - Undervalued and specially reduced. The worst profession in the UO! Missing

egor

Grandmaster
I ask for help, and a request to review this injustice! In relation to this profession, because it is the most painful and unprofitable!

The main first question is - why does a colored wood exist? For beauty? I understand that you have one in a million chance - to get slayer Bow + Forse or Power or Vanq + tactics. and it seems to me that I exaggerate the chance)))! It is easier to get a star from the sky)

The second question, why the mining, has a skill of 120 + gloves +5. And lumberjacking no?

Why does the BS have 120 skill and + hammers. And Bowcraft no?

That is, it turns out that Bowcraft for masochists? )))

I would like to ask you to consider not a big me initiative.
1. You can make some kind of gloves or something for + 5 lumberjacking!
for example, a quest for a wood - in order to get the gloves you must pass 1k normal wood, 0.5k oak. 0.5k ash. 0.3 yew. 0.3k heartwood, 0.3 bloodwood, 0,3 frostwood!
2. You can make some kind of gloves or something for + 5 Bowcraft!
Because it is even heavier than the BS, and the result is very lamentable!

1. Or make bonuses or benefits from the colored wood!
Because, people will be more interested to buy a colored wood. and for people would be more interesting color bows, they would give more preferences to colored bows!
For an example normal wood bow Ex/ Slayer - or Frost bow Ex/ Slayer - the price wood is different, and extraction wood too! But at the moment - it's the same bows! The difference in color only)))
And only extraction for 14 hours - frostwood 0,45k, and extraction of normal wood for 14 hours - 50k! I think that this is very unfair!

Reality!

As always, I'll start with the background, in my previous post IDoc, accidentally
the conversation about bows began. And I decided to check everything out!

I quickly made bowcraft and lumber.
For two days I was getting a tree like a madman! (14- 18hours) large delays in time occur due to snakes! But I like them!
50k normal wood. 18k oak. 8.5k ash. 1.6 yew. 0.8k heartwood, 0.5 bloodwood, 0,45 frostwood

I made statistics, and calculated, only normal slayer bows (which you can actually sell from the vendor).. I did not count the bows that you can throw away from the bank in Britain, and somebody will not take them, because it's garbage!

now the numbers

normal wood 20000 - price wood sell Vendor = 2 g/per = 40k
1 - Reptilian Death
1 - Ex/ Dragon Slaying
1 - Ex/ Repond
2 - Ex/ Daemon Desmissal
1 - Daemon Desmissal
1 - Ex/ Fey slayer
1 - Elemental Ban
2 - Arachnid Doom
1 - Spiders Death
Total = +/- 35k (after deduction of what else you will pay the vendor!)

Oak wood 18k - price wood sell vendor = 3 g/per = 54k
2 - Ex/ Reptilian Death
4 - Reptilian Death
2 - Dragon Slaying
1 - Ex/ Repond
1 - Ex/ Daemon Desmissal
1 - Daemon Desmissal
2 - Ex/ Fey slayer
3 - Ex/ Elemental Ban
1 - Ex/ Arachnid Doom
2 - Ex/ Spiders Death
Total = +/- 56k (after deduction of what else you will pay the vendor!)

Ash wood - 8.5k = price wood sell vendor =4 g/per = 34k
1 - Ex/ Arachnid Doom
1 - Spiders Death
1 - Ex/ Elemental Ban
3 - Ex/ Silver
1 - Ex/ Exorsism
1 - Ex/ Fey slayer
1 - Fey slayer
1 - Ex/ Reptilian Death
1 - Ex/ Dragon Slaying
Total = +/- 38k (after deduction of what else you will pay the vendor!)

Yew wood - 4.1k = price wood sell vendor = 20 g/per = 82k
1 - Ex/ Reptilian Death
1 - Reptilian Death
1 - Daemon Desmissal
1 - Ex/ Silver
1 - Ex/ Fey slayer
1 - Ex/ Elemental Ban
1 - Fey slayer
18 - Ex/ Forse
Total = +/- 90k (after deduction of what else you will pay the vendor!)

It is better and more profitable to just sell a wood!

I hoped to get for my archer - good slayer - and received - the usual slayer of different colors, and few pieces, for such a hellish job!

We here do not consider time for extraction of a tree. Also, do not consider the time for the production of bows! 50k wood = it is 14 hours extraction of a tree + 8 hours craft bow = clean time! I for this time, more earn in Britain - on skeletons in the cemetery )))!

In my opinion, at the moment, this profession is useless, and is only needed for repairing bows!
I hope that someone will read it, and will not think only of the Tamers. Аbout archers generally forgot ((.

Maybe this, @Shane or @eppy give a comment?

Ty All

Last edited:

egor

Grandmaster
bows arent used in PvP so no one cares.

Only Archer-Bard use them. No market.

But bro I work 14 hours To obtain 1600 Yew wood = it is crazy! Imagine if Miner = have 1600 gold ing. - for 14 hours! It is more )))))! Large delays in time occur due to snakes! But I like them!
So most amazing, what a result!!!

Bowcraft skill 100 = craft zona

4100 Yew wood - Imagine 4.1k yew wood it is 35-40 hours work!

1 - Ex/ Reptilian Death
1 - Reptilian Death
1 - Daemon Desmissal
1 - Ex/ Silver
1 - Ex/ Fey slayer
1 - Ex/ Elemental Ban
1 - Fey slayer
18 - Ex/ Forse

and 40 hours for this<?

I hoped to get for my archer - good slayer - and received - the usual slayer of different colors, and few pieces, for such a hellish job!

Last edited:

jkg8787

Master
But bro I work 14 hours To obtain 1600 Yew wood = it is crazy! Imagine if Miner = have 1600 gold ing. - for 14 hours! It is more )))))!
So most amazing, what a result!!!

Bowcraft skill 100 = craft zona

4100 Yew wood - Imagine 4.1k yew wood it is 35-40 hours work!

1 - Ex/ Reptilian Death
1 - Reptilian Death
1 - Daemon Desmissal
1 - Ex/ Silver
1 - Ex/ Fey slayer
1 - Ex/ Elemental Ban
1 - Fey slayer
18 - Ex/ Forse

and 40 hours for this<?

Sucks. :(

But like I said I think less people use Bows overall.

I support changes for it though. Would be cool to see.

egor

Grandmaster
I agreed whit him. Really.

the most offensive is that miles of weapons are valued as well as bows! Although the bows produce heavier! while that colored wood is extracted 10 times heavier, than the ore! And 10 times less than the ore! and ultimately, a colored wood, does not make any sense

Silex

Apprentice
I have a fletcher for my main that use bow and its verry painfull to try having some slayer bow.

Firecrest

Grandmaster
I agree more bow options!

Different rates of speed or some change for 120 crafted bows or at least a better chance at making magical slayers.

Legendary Crafting!

egor

Grandmaster
I agree more bow options!

Different rates of speed or some change for 120 crafted bows or at least a better chance at making magical slayers.

Legendary Crafting!

Yes need or a better chance at making magical slayers, or make bonuses or benefits from the colored wood! Especially since the extraction of colored wood is incredibly difficult!!! mining ore in comparison - walk in the park!

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
my main char is a berzerker archer and I only use high end bows with + accuracy because I don't have arms lore. it seems like I never see + accuracy crafted bows, is there no accuracy bonus on crafted bows?

halv

Grandmaster
I totally agree with you egor. I stopped my bow business, because of the same reason.

Fletching needs a pimp.

+1 for 120 fletching.

egor

Grandmaster
my main char is a berzerker archer and I only use high end bows with + accuracy because I don't have arms lore. it seems like I never see + accuracy crafted bows, is there no accuracy bonus on crafted bows?

they exist, well, or should exist! )))
With bowcraft 100 - your chance to get them = equal to 0.0000001%))... That is - no chance)))!

Last edited:

Christie

Master
this should be noticed. ^^ very good points.

@jkg8787 The amount of archers on the server may have something to do with the lack of availability on good bows, and cannot be considered a counterpoint. "Bows arent used for PVP so no one cares" <--- little too broad of a statement.
Revised: "Bows arent used for PVP so PVPers don't care." Fishermen use bows, treasure hunters use bows, orcs use bows, etc... (PVM exists!)

I would love to see a good counter argument against giving a crafting bonus to the lumberjackers/fletchers. As of now there is not one, and vs mining this seems totally not worth the effort. If i wanted to mine valorite, I can go to specific nodes and rack it up relatively quickly. I can upgrade an agapite ore or a verite ore node to valorite if I wanted with bod rewards. There is nothing like that for high level wood.

egor

Grandmaster

@jkg8787 The amount of archers on the server may have something to do with the lack of availability on good bows, and cannot be considered a counterpoint. "Bows arent used for PVP so no one cares" <--- little too broad of a statement.
Revised: "Bows arent used for PVP so PVPers don't care." Fishermen use bows, treasure hunters use bows, orcs use bows, etc... (PVM exists!)

I would love to see a good counter argument against giving a crafting bonus to the lumberjackers/fletchers. As of now there is not one, and vs mining this seems totally not worth the effort. If i wanted to mine valorite, I can go to specific nodes and rack it up relatively quickly. I can upgrade an agapite ore or a verite ore node to valorite if I wanted with bod rewards. There is nothing like that for high level wood.

for the tree there are snakes that slow down very much (where about 1/6 of the time the snakes are taken away, when you cut the trees 14 hours - this is a lot of time)! Though thanks to them the extraction of colored wood is increasing. But again - in 14 hours - only 450 Frostwood, which is ultimately meaningless! Because the maximum that you can make from it with a skill of 100 bowcraft - this is the usual slayer or vanq!

Streets

Grandmaster

I would also like to point out there is no archery PvP because bows are a broken mechanic. Why spend the points for archery (plus tactics and anatomy) when you can make a mule character with alchemy and do more damage while running?

Streets

Grandmaster
What about hitting 2 birds with one stone? Giving tinkers some love at the same time:

Tinker made fletching kits have a chance to make advanced fletching kits. These kits have a better chance to make magic bows.

Cant do bods with with fletching so no runic type hammers but this maybe able to bridge the gap a little bumping up percentage without having to tweak the whole system.

Last edited:

egor

Grandmaster
I would also like to point out there is no archery PvP because bows are a broken mechanic. Why spend the points for archery (plus tactics and anatomy) when you can make a mule character with alchemy and do more damage while running?
The answer is simple, tournaments!