Bring Back Bolas

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
wont be any point in goin back to fight 1v1 unless you join factions. the faction red will have gheal wand you will not.
which is why faction vs non faction isnt good right now either. unless those items are available for everyone against everyone (like some of the stuff they have now) theres no point in letting only a few people have them because they joined a faction. awesome blessed weps for faction only, yet they can fight non faction and not risk losing their item? how is that fair?make it usable vs only other factioners if its faction blessed.

and again this is why bolas are a bad idea as this server isnt like osi, its a different mindset/dynamic. so why bring back some of the stuff from back then when its just like the same.

im not saying a firm NO, im saying make it balanced, and it shouldnt be implimented until it is.

Amalgam

Journeyman
I am pro-bola, and would like to see them implemented.

However, I feel this shard is extremely tamer-orientated and bolas would simply be incompatible here. They would need to be modified to suit.

I would happily settle for a heavily nerfed bola - one which has a low chance of success, or doesn't always knock the target from their mount.

Bolas could have a dice-roll added for the result. You might knock them off their horse, or you might knock yourself out. They could require silly (or even random!) skillchecks. More possible nerfs:

- Bolas render you immobile when swinging, and steadily consume stamina until you are too fatigued to swing.
- Bolas require 75 dex and 75 str to swing!
- Bolas become a rare or semi-rare drop.

Traditionally, bolas were used to "capture animals by entangling their legs". Bolas might be considered for PvM after all - by slowing the target or rendering them immobile for a period of time (assuming they have legs).

Lastly, I think bolas should be literally thrown and not necessarily consumed. That is, they land on the ground next to target and can be picked up afterwards.

I was an absolute dick on uoforever with a bola. Towards the end, that's pretty much all I done.

jeffe

Master
wont be any point in goin back to fight 1v1 unless you join factions. the faction red will have gheal wand you will not.

and i play faction reds or blues 99% of the time so it wont affect me in the slighest i just want to make people aware

The suggestions I've seen for balancing this issue is at two extremes: implement both bolas and wands server-wide or faction members would only be able to attack opposing factions. I don't think that either of those solutions is the what the majority of the shard wants. Bolas and wands create a balance issue that will dramatically impact UOF. So just don't add them.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
The suggestions I've seen for balancing this issue is at two extremes: implement both bolas and wands server-wide or faction members would only be able to attack opposing factions. I don't think that either of those solutions is the what the majority of the shard wants. Bolas and wands create a balance issue that will dramatically impact UOF. So just don't add them.

again i agree and even if they did make wands only usable on other factions that doesnt stop you ghealing yourself with a gheal wand. ( a major advantage over a non factioner)

I am not anti-bola, but couldn't the main reason most people want them in (endless running) be mitigated through mount stamina? As it is now faction stam only plays a part when you are like half health or lower i think. mount stam would effectively limit how much of an area you can fuck around in. I don't know how feeding works now, but Tailor made item: Feed Sack? Very specific foods per mount? limited number of said foods in inventory? specific food would have to be made with cooking because it would be stupid to limit fish steaks to 5 in your inventory. kibble crafted with cooking per mount? idk im just shitting on the wall.

Soul Mate

Grandmaster
I am pro-bola, and would like to see them implemented.

However, I feel this shard is extremely tamer-orientated and bolas would simply be incompatible here. They would need to be modified to suit.

I would happily settle for a heavily nerfed bola - one which has a low chance of success, or doesn't always knock the target from their mount.

Bolas could have a dice-roll added for the result. You might knock them off their horse, or you might knock yourself out. They could require silly (or even random!) skillchecks. More possible nerfs:

- Bolas render you immobile when swinging, and steadily consume stamina until you are too fatigued to swing.
- Bolas require 75 dex and 75 str to swing!
- Bolas become a rare or semi-rare drop.

Traditionally, bolas were used to "capture animals by entangling their legs". Bolas might be considered for PvM after all - by slowing the target or rendering them immobile for a period of time (assuming they have legs).

Lastly, I think bolas should be literally thrown and not necessarily consumed. That is, they land on the ground next to target and can be picked up afterwards.

I was an absolute dick on uoforever with a bola. Towards the end, that's pretty much all I done.

We used bolas extensively & wands, that is why we always had a designated bola *****..It is extremely lethal. No one gets out alive...unless you are a skilled off screener.

Your Post +10

Soul Mate

Grandmaster
which is why faction vs non faction isnt good right now either. unless those items are available for everyone against everyone (like some of the stuff they have now) theres no point in letting only a few people have them because they joined a faction. awesome blessed weps for faction only, yet they can fight non faction and not risk losing their item? how is that fair?make it usable vs only other factioners if its faction blessed.

and again this is why bolas are a bad idea as this server isnt like osi, its a different mindset/dynamic. so why bring back some of the stuff from back then when its just like the same.

im not saying a firm NO, im saying make it balanced, and it shouldnt be implimented until it is.

The one good thing is they do have the punishment of turning red and being a red factioneer is extremely fucked , As you try to run through towns chasing other ppl in faction ...well then everyone gets brave and wants to join in the fun,then not only are you fighting oranges ,the blues join in on the melee .....not fun for red faction guy