BRING BACK COMPASSION DESERT ANCIENT SPAWN!!

Dig'em

Grandmaster
Hey dudes. Anyone else remember the ancient Titans and cyclops that spawned in the desert? These things were basically dungeon bosses and only spawned once a day maybe (I was very new at the time so I ain't really sure) but they used to be awesome mini events in the open world surrounded by pvp and the works! Now I know the issue was people putting them in their houses and soloing from a safe distance, so could you make them leash back if they enters a house like a champ to the altar? I spent my first few months in the desert everyday but now it's a ghost town. I'd love to see some action there :) thoughts?

Vorax

Grandmaster
Hey dudes. Anyone else remember the ancient Titans and cyclops that spawned in the desert? These things were basically dungeon bosses and only spawned once a day maybe (I was very new at the time so I ain't really sure) but they used to be awesome mini events in the open world surrounded by pvp and the works! Now I know the issue was people putting them in their houses and soloing from a safe distance, so could you make them leash back if they enters a house like a champ to the altar? I spent my first few months in the desert everyday but now it's a ghost town. I'd love to see some action there :) thoughts?
Think those were related to the Sphinx MotM - old MOTM boss type mob :)
0248661c2c233991c1aab90424205ed7.png

889599d38e139e19e1072f38271223d2.png

The ancient titans and cyclops were just the spawn that was outside the building/area sphinx itself was in. Maybe having them always spawn somewhere would be cool, make them harder than their normal counterparts, with some better loot/tweaked loot.

+1

AssHat

Grandmaster
it would be nice for the current population to be able to complete the conquests that are currently showing under conquests.

and only certain conquests are "not working" or "turn off".

+1 more unique spawns/areas, why not use booty island! add some spawns!!

Wyntr

Master
+1 to this, some new overworld spawns would be fun. Make them harder and maybe on a daily timer or something.

Dig'em

Grandmaster
Think those were related to the Sphinx MotM - old MOTM boss type mob :)
0248661c2c233991c1aab90424205ed7.png

889599d38e139e19e1072f38271223d2.png

The ancient titans and cyclops were just the spawn that was outside the building/area sphinx itself was in. Maybe having them always spawn somewhere would be cool, make them harder than their normal counterparts, with some better loot/tweaked loot.

+1
They were actually part of the desert before the Sphinx came around

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Thought this was a 2 year old necro post at first cause it was a hit topic back then but alas never brought back

Sent from my STUDIO 5.5 using Tapatalk

Dig'em

Grandmaster
Right? A lot of people don't know what these bad boys were and they should totally be put back :)

Yoko Kurama

Master

I noticed the new content/dungeons are basically ghost towns.

Why don't we just add the titan valley, with said interesting, custom encounters/ancient titan boss or whatever we can think of...attached to the game, the way Ophidian Caves and Terra Keep exist inside some magical dimension.

If we can't have T2A, at least give us a real titan valley!

Yoko Kurama

Master
Because people were abusing the housing there to kill everything without risk
I love how in the history of UOF, you can see sooo many issues where people broke rules, and instead of punishing them or fixing it, they just nerf something or break something, in turn making the server less good...speaking of ophidian caves, after 3 years now someone decided to take away the safe macro spot? Guessing because again, people were exploiting...and instead of punishing them, or fixing the problem...they just take away and take away. I don't get it. Pet stat loss is an example! It was .1, now it is 1.0! Removing bulls. Removing the spots in various locations such as Shame champ, Ophidian Caves....Wrong Ogre Lord table...I could literally go on for hours! And not one change was good
Yet, why don't they remove the Deceit table?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
There does seem to be an obvious selective judgement on things.

No PS for Discordance (a skill barely anyone uses, I might add) because 'it's griefing' but meta luring is much worse and allowable.

There is just no sense to some of the decisions made.