Bugs in Ice?

Max11

Neophyte
Two things I noticed while hunting in Ice last night, was hoping someone (maybe staff?) could clear up...

The first is that Arch Ice Fiends aren't able to have anything provo'd onto them

The second is that Ice Elementals only take 1HP damage on contact (including with slayer weapons), but take normal damage when a mob is provo'd onto them.

Bugs? Game mechanics? Something else entirely?

Thanks in advance.

Max11

Neophyte
Ya, Elemental Ban, and it was only registering a single hit point. Tried with a vanq, same deal.

Provo'd one onto a Lady of the Snow and she crushed it.

Bromista

Grandmaster
And the Arch Ice fiends can never be provoked even at 120. They drop huge amounts of gold and legendary hammer shards at a pretty high rate so they are meant to be tough. If you could Provo them the gold you could make in Ice 3 would be absurd!

Max11

Neophyte
I knew they couldn't be provo'd onto something, but was wondering if something could be provo'd onto them. Nice to to know the check is on both parties from here on out.

Also, are they the ones that drop the Polar Bear masks too, or the ones in the back room of Ice with the Wryms?

Is the 1 damage vs the ice eles a bug? Every other ele or vortex gives it up when I pop 'em with a slayer.

Seems odd that they would be the only ones immune.

Max11

Neophyte
@Asiza

@Infectious

You specifically mean the Ice Elementals at Ice 3, the back area with the Ice Fiends? Or elementals in general?

Because these are the only elemental creatures I've come across with this problem.

Max11

Neophyte
Here's an action shot I just grabbed. My Elemental Ban super slayer hitting for 1hp, his lightning landing for 18.

Bug? Intentionally nerfed way down?

wwCdrkw.png

rvuqN9l.png

Bromista

Grandmaster
I believe that is specific to the ice eles in Ice 3, and only one damage regardless of bow type. I feel like it is intended, but not 100% sure on that.

And yes the arch fiends drop white polar bear masks as well as the regular ice fiends. Gotten a couple myself.

Infectious

Master
Ahhhh never really been down to ice 3.. and was thinking of the other ice elementals :) pretty interesting though

Last edited by a moderator:

Asiza

Expert
My bad ..I have never even heard of ice 3 ....hmmmm. white wyrms drop masks too! I must find this place.