Build Guides/Templates - for old UO?

sparc

Expert
Having a tough time Googling this one.. PVM & PVP builds for older UO.

Any URLs that I can be pointed to? Thanks in advance.

Xonryz

Apprentice
Can't really think of one, other than just the forums search.

If you know what the actual skills do, and you CAN use them, it's tough to go wrong with a custom build though. Provoke and/or animal taming are probably the strongest "PVM" skills to have, but tend not to be real useful in pvp.

For a PVP build you want the basics of either melee(or archery I guess) or magery, such as

Warrior:
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Weapon skill
Resist

Mage:
Magery
Meditation
Eval int
Resist
(recommended by me personally but not "required") Wrestling or weapon skill

So with a Warrior you've got room to pick a couple skills, and with the sort of bare bones mage 2-3. You can mix and match skills also, taking hiding to 50 or so which will let you use it quite often, especially useful for ambushes or a lucky escape.

Mage builds can get complicated, you could add inscription to improve the buff spells (reactive armor, magic reflection) to absorb/reflect more damage, anatomy/wrestling to stun with your fists - or even arms lore (I think this is the required skill) to disarm, although this seems to be of limited use here. Many variations on the mage exist, so just go with what you know and can use effectively. What works best for somebody else may not work for you at all.