Build question for the PvM elite (champ spawn defense talisman/magery mix)

Winstonian

Grandmaster
I had a build concept for champ spawns. Does it make sense?

Skills (GM):
Mage
Med
Resist
Wrest
Scribe
Poisoning
Alchemy

Equip: Phylactery of Resilience
On hand: shield (high AR)

Concept: built for large groups at champ spawns, this character would cast protection, run into a screen of enemies and scroll-cast earthquake twice. The protection would help both casts to be uninterrupted, while the mage would then equip a high AR shield (to buff the Talisman) and spam expl pots (much like UOF PvP). Nox would be spammed on the champ spawn mobs that can't dispel.

I'm not expecting meta tamer results. In theory, shouldn't this do pretty good damage?

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
Wouldn't you need to re-equip the shield after every cast? Would your main damage output be from the thrown pots and poison ticks?

Winstonian

Grandmaster
Wouldn't you need to re-equip the shield after every cast? Would your main damage output be from the thrown pots and poison ticks?
I'd only equip the shield when the defense boost is needed, or I'm not doing anything else. The shield is just bonus AR for the talisman.

The main damage output would be from spamming earthquake around a big group, as well as DP ticks and explosion potions. I'd also poison field. Leech would also provide some damage. With how big the groups become in a champ, I don't see how frequent EQs wouldn't do massive damage.

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
EQ does soo much dmg you dont need poison or explo pots
Maybe I should double up on it then. Got 1 cast off and like every bird on the screen started to swarm towards me and they only took like 5 hp. Thought they had more then 10 hp, I'll try again tonight I suppose. I'll see if I can make a set of scrolls to make the double cast happen faster

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
Won't work very well. I have tried to do this on several occasions at champ spawns as I know one succesful EQ can net you several thousand points in a second. Granted, I didn't have scribe on my character but I did use protection. You are getting hit like at least 10x in the time it takes to cast EQ if you are surrounded by mobs. Every one of those interruptions has to be bypassed by protection otherwise you will just be disrupted. At earlier stages the small mobs will do less damage but tend to hit quicker. The big mobs tend to hit slower but will fuck you up good if you're not careful. So take your pick, get disrupted over 9000 times by many weaker mobs or just get rekt by a sizeable group of tough mobs. I'm not sure how much a fully maxed talisman with max relics would help negate damage, but I can tell you it's not worth the time it takes to get it.

The other thing is EQ hits blues, so you have to be careful where you cast it or you'll just go grey and get ganked and die.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
Won't work very well. I have tried to do this on several occasions at champ spawns as I know one succesful EQ can net you several thousand points in a second. Granted, I didn't have scribe on my character but I did use protection. You are getting hit like at least 10x in the time it takes to cast EQ if you are surrounded by mobs. Every one of those interruptions has to be bypassed by protection otherwise you will just be disrupted. At earlier stages the small mobs will do less damage but tend to hit quicker. The big mobs tend to hit slower but will fuck you up good if you're not careful. So take your pick, get disrupted over 9000 times by many weaker mobs or just get rekt by a sizeable group of tough mobs. I'm not sure how much a fully maxed talisman with max relics would help negate damage, but I can tell you it's not worth the time it takes to get it.

The other thing is EQ hits blues, so you have to be careful where you cast it or you'll just go grey and get ganked and die.
Just tested it... can't believe EQ hits blues. That's ridiculous. If pots only splash on gray/red, so should EQ.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
What I'm taking from this is that 1) the EQ damage is great, 2) it's easy to get interrupted, and 3) you'll take a lot of damage if not managed properly. It sounds like it could be extremely effective if done properly, which is good enough for me.