Champ Participation Reward and AR patch for masks

girana

Grandmaster
Where is the reward when literally every champ gets raided. PVM folks are hosed no matter which way you look at it. when you get too high in the number of people trying to raid them and too low on the number of folks trying to complete them its all risk and no reward.

i never got raided doing a champ.

Furync

Grandmaster
I am not so sure about the champ suggestion - while rewards for doing the work might work if implemented correctly, I would hate to see people not even try because "well I get a reward either way". I think it takes a bit of the risk of trying to protect the champ away.

I agree. It needs to be done correctly and thanks for looking into this.

Just my opinion, as it stands, when guildies ask "who wants to do a champ?" , I can't help but think "meh, It'll probably get raided" or something and I end up passing on the invite, most of the time, depends on the champ (destard anyone? Lol yeah right). So as it is, I'm not even trying just because the risk is too high. Implement a good system and the champ participation will go up (at least by 1, I would go). Again, my 2 cents. Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Im just saying maybe not on a grand scale that makes it horrendously easy to get what you want...but a coin here or there to reward for doing the champ that eventually over time could add up to enough to do something with would be solid to keep people like me motivated enough to keep doing champs even though folks like yall raid every time.

No. But it depends on what Champ and what time you are playing. After 8pm CET at Destard or Abyss will be a raid.
i realize this...i only have a few hours a day i can really play usually...in between work and kids and life and adulting. not all of us get opportunities at all hours of the day. unfortunately my hours are during peak gank hours apparently.

Cash is King

Grandmaster
Don't change anything to do with champs as they are today.

However, I like the idea of having a running champ score that accumulates all of your champ scores. Once you hit point thresholds like 2M total score, 10M, 50M etc. you can redeem for rewards (not relics or ps). Something new or different just like invasion rewards. This way you can get some form of rewards for the amount of time committed at champs even if you never get decent ps or relics.

StegcO

Grandmaster
The solution ion is not reward by point or crystal like boss (people will be raided a lot more not only to steal relic/ps but in the middle of the champ to steal crystal) the solution is fight back

Why would it get raided more if they gave reward points that werent lootable, ie went to bank or were character bound? some of us dont have the option to fight back. i will never be better than mediocre at pvp. you are not the first to suggest that i assure you. when they are rolling in 10 people deep even decent pvpers arent going to handle them 10 v 10 while dealing with the mobs/boss...its a ridiculous statement

StegcO

Grandmaster
Why would it get raided more if they gave reward points that werent lootable, ie went to bank or were character bound? some of us dont have the option to fight back. i will never be better than mediocre at pvp. you are not the first to suggest that i assure you. when they are rolling in 10 people deep even decent pvpers arent going to handle them 10 v 10 while dealing with the mobs/boss...its a ridiculous statement

This is UO, the game where you can do anything you want.

Trust me, if you want to drop you can safely drop 99%, even without fight back the PK.