Champion Spawn dexxer build

lost

Grandmaster
Thanks, these are some good builds. Bit torn on which to pick, havent done any champ yet but I see pk's all the time on the action cam :p

how does stealth work though with dex suit? :p is this a realistic build, do u have to drop al lyour armor to get full 8 steps?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nanashi

Grandmaster
It is always good to go with a group or a guild that takes over majority of the map. It is definitely a team effort to take down the boss. When the reds come out it is usually the blues alt characters trying to take out the freebies running about not in the guild.

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
How is poisoning on a champ dexxer? Anyone use it? This is my build:

fencing 100
tactics 100
healing 100
anatomy 100
resist spells 100
magery 70
poisoning 80
hiding 50

Nanashi

Grandmaster
You could definitely get away with 70 poisoning, 80 resist for that build in order to add more points for hiding. I don't see a huge difference when fighting because you are constantly running around. One flame strike can still hit you for 30+ and that is all it takes if another one is casted onto you. Poison is fine but you will have to constantly clean and apply poison. Now there is a chance that it will fail on swing and use up a charge. so that 16+ charges goes by really really quick.

Nanashi

Grandmaster
Thanks, these are some good builds. Bit torn on which to pick, havent done any champ yet but I see pk's all the time on the action cam :p

how does stealth work though with dex suit? :p is this a realistic build, do u have to drop al lyour armor to get full 8 steps?

I only use stealth when I really need it. Because with gm stealth your still able to fail full suit. So like you said , drop all Armor before attempting the walk. At only 80 points, you will never fail stealth even with clothing on and no Armor. You can easily use the macro to undress and redress. Plus the advantage of an ethreal Mount helps a ton.

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
You could definitely get away with 70 poisoning, 80 resist for that build in order to add more points for hiding. I don't see a huge difference when fighting because you are constantly running around. One flame strike can still hit you for 30+ and that is all it takes if another one is casted onto you. Poison is fine but you will have to constantly clean and apply poison. Now there is a chance that it will fail on swing and use up a charge. so that 16+ charges goes by really really quick.

I have 80 poisoning (and not 100) because I'm fine with greater poison instead of deadly considering the extra 20 skill points it will take from my build, and the huge time investment for 80-100 poison. Can I still apply greater poison if I drop from 80 to 70? Will my chances be lower? As of now I only fail applying poison about 1/3 of the time and even then it's just another hit of my macro and 2 seconds gametime.

As for resist, I hate raising it so want some feedback before I drop it from 100 to 80. Anyone have champ dexxers with 80 resist? Do you notice a difference? I would definitely love to throw the extra points into hiding, having it at 50 irks me and it fails almost all the time. And hiding is something you want to work when you need it.

Is hiding/recalling standard after a champ? Are the red raids really that bad?

Nanashi

Grandmaster
I have 80 poisoning (and not 100) because I'm fine with greater poison instead of deadly considering the extra 20 skill points it will take from my build, and the huge time investment for 80-100 poison. Can I still apply greater poison if I drop from 80 to 70? Will my chances be lower? As of now I only fail applying poison about 1/3 of the time and even then it's just another hit of my macro and 2 seconds gametime.

As for resist, I hate raising it so want some feedback before I drop it from 100 to 80. Anyone have champ dexxers with 80 resist? Do you notice a difference? I would definitely love to throw the extra points into hiding, having it at 50 irks me and it fails almost all the time. And hiding is something you want to work when you need it.

Is hiding/recalling standard after a champ? Are the red raids really that bad?

Yes, with 70 poison you can still apply greater. I would honestly just drop poison and use your weapon for damage. Slayer weapons FTW! Also that lumberjack build deal tons of damage compared using one skill, swords. Poisoning mobs is not enough compared to fighting an actual player.I'd think it be a pain in the ass to constantly re-apply poison. Greater poison doesn't seem to tick a lot of damage over all but If you had GM poisoning than it would be more worthwhile. It seems like you need to sacrifice a skill in order to benefit a champ. So hiding would be more important than poisoning mobs.

My other provo character with only 80 resist survives just fine in or out a champ spawn. It's just a bunch of random mobs that are fairly easy to kill. Just as if you went into a dungeon like despise and see all those ogres/ettins/lords. Resist helps regardless of being gmed or leaving it at 80.

Magery on my dexxers is almost a must. I never leave those templates without it. I can sacrifice a few points out of dex and get back up to 60/90/100 just by casting bless. If you have a recall macro and a few regs you don't need to open up your runebook for a quick get-away. The biggest benefit is having Magic reflect up at all times. It makes lich's,titans,balrons,dragons,terathans a lot easier to handle rather than getting blasted in one dump.