Collecting NPC Cloth

Tidalian

Expert
After collecting a few robes from evil mages, I attempted to duplicate their colours via dye tub and was unsuccessful, leading me to believe the range of colors they spawn with are otherwise unobtainable. Can anyone confirm this is true? It seems accurate, given that this page says the following: "A very large range of colors can only be obtained by using Scissors on clothes taken from dead NPCs." Obviously that applies to current OSI UO, but seems plausible that it could apply here too if it's an old enough mechanic.

Anyway, if NPC cloth can be unique, does anyone out there collect it? Some of these evil mage hues (not to be confused with the eponymous 'evil mage hue') look pretty nice as things other than robes when I test them out.

33ljhg3.png

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yes, there are players who have farmed enough NPC cloth to make "unique" outfits but it takes time and dedication.

@tankian has (had?) a kickass "burnt" orange outfit that I believe took months to gather.

Tidalian

Expert
Good to know! In my case, it's not so much time+dedication as it is lazily stealthing around occasionally and snagging the robes off of corpses from people farming evil mages, hah. Given how many different values they can generate as, I can definitely see how it may take a while to get a significant amount of any one color, though! Out of curiosity, does Tailoring skill grant any extra cloth recovered when cutting things up?

Tidalian

Expert
Gotcha, thanks for the verification! Just wanted to make sure in case I cut up a thousand robes only to realize I could've had double yield if I'd done some research first. :p