COMING SOON - Lord British Himself (Richard Garriott de Cayeux)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reemer

Master
nice! the creator of the best game ever was smart enough to choose Texas to live in. his choice fits like a sock on a rooster

Defari

Adept
Speaking of his house in Austin, TX check this out:

(from http://www.texasmonthly.com/content/reality-bytes)

FOR RICHARD GARRIOTT, real life sometimes looks a lot like a computer game. Consider what happened one night last March at Britannia Manor, his custom-built home in the hills of Northwest Austin. Garriott had retired around midnight, after an evening of watching comets from the observatory at the top of the house, when the doorbell rang. Using a lens from a telescope to see into the night, he peered out the living-room window and spotted a stranger circling the house. After watching him for an hour, Garriott loaded his Uzi—“The only gun I was sure I could make fire,” he says—and started to close the remote-controlled front gate; the visitor took the hint and left the property. Relieved, Garriott went back to bed.

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
Someone made U6 Online. It's pretty Trammel, though, but it's fun if you want to expand upon the U6 universe. You can play the normal mission and complete the quest, go treasure hunting, buy and maintain a house, explore special dungeons, equip unique gear, etc. It's not too bad; I played it a lot when I was bored between playing UO.

Nola

Novice
Crazy fact: the guy that tried to rob Lord British house in real life was killed by Tilikum(spelling?) the seaworld whale featured on black fish. He tweeted about it recently

Cranky

Got to see his property from a boat on Lake Austin. He has a dock and a village there that looks like it was pulled straight out of UO. Awesome.

James Franco

Grandmaster
Wow, this is how you know UOForever is the BEST SHARD EVER!! They got Richard playing sooo OMFG, UOF! UOF! UOF UOF! UOF UOF! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited by a moderator:

Anscrew

Journeyman
yay!!!! i am glad to see the creator of my favorite game of all time will be playing with us!!! PS donate for sota!!!

Earwig

Neophyte
He was on UO: SA the other day.
There was a ton of begging for items.

He's taken a lot of interest in Freeshards, recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.