Common Courtesy

Budcookie

Grandmaster
If you roll up on a fellow blue and he has several daemons provoed onto a paragon, dont kill the daemons, its kind of rude. I would have been glad to share loot had you helped with the paragon. PvM is fun until you grief, then you die, no hard feelings.

Mango

Grandmaster
or waving me down in game asking if I can give you a custom order; then going AFK right in front of me for an hour.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Courtesy in UO?

There is such a thing?

Been running into a lot of ignoramuses lately... I think many people mean well they just have little to no imagintion.

Budcookie

Grandmaster
Well maybe he was new and will look to the pvm section for advise. Ill take anyones help when im hunting because my provo is nerfed by my extremely slow taming development. Should have drppped 5x for archer, too late now il be 70 taming soon and my provo is 109.

thapco4

Neophyte
I agree if you are in a battle people should not just butt in. I may have everything handled, if your are interested in helping, ask. BUT, if someone is working provo etc in a cemetery, expect that the skeletons and zombies are going to get killed by someone actually playing the game. There are people that make a living farming these locations just as the bards like to "farm provo" there. These spawn fast, dont get upset at someone for coming to "your" cemetery and killing your undead. This is not directed at anyone above, just an observation from the past week or so. It seems there are some (possibly new players) that don't get it. We all have to live (and die) in the same world. Some are Blues, some are Reds, it's all part of the game.

In response to someone killing your provo'd daemons, you could always call a friend that plays a red...just saying....

halygon

Grandmaster
Here is how I roll in UO and also IRL. I always expect the worst and the worst of people so that I am always ready to take on the worst. If they surprise me, then it is a good surprise. Very pessimistic of me for sure.

In another way of thinking -- For concealed handgun training, the instructor will tell you about personal threat levels using a stoplight tree. http://www.policemag.com/channel/patrol/articles/2004/02/officer-survival.aspx -- Also very useful for UO

In your situation, I would have fully expected the guy to come and screw with the carefully provo'd spawn and maybe even attack me when I am trying to wrangle the mobs back together.

I guess I am just saying -- in UO -- always be ready for SHTF.

Don Key

Master
If you come to kill my demons, in that situation, I will put the paragon on you and take a count. No second guessing that.

I hope you did as well.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Here is how I roll in UO and also IRL. I always expect the worst and the worst of people so that I am always ready to take on the worst. If they surprise me, then it is a good surprise. Very pessimistic of me for sure.

In another way of thinking -- For concealed handgun training, the instructor will tell you about personal threat levels using a stoplight tree. http://www.policemag.com/channel/patrol/articles/2004/02/officer-survival.aspx -- Also very useful for UO

In your situation, I would have fully expected the guy to come and screw with the carefully provo'd spawn and maybe even attack me when I am trying to wrangle the mobs back together.

I wouldn't say that is terribly pessimistic. I operate the same way, expect the worst so that if someone breaks the mold it is a pleasant surprise.

But man, the newbs are out there and they have the best of intentions...they just happen to be mental midgets. Dragging spawn and "helping" your Provo by attacking the weaker monsters first, etc...

Makes you wonder...

None of has really negatively effected me, I can deal with anything. But it is just kinda like o_O

Nanashi

Grandmaster
Kill ‘em with Kindness!

Most of the time, people who cause problems are just bored. They don’t have any personal vendetta against you specifically, they are just looking to get a rise or negative reactions out of people who can’t control their emotions. Show a troll you are willing to take a joke, laugh at yourself, or try to be their friend and you could be surprised by how quickly they might turn around. Taking the high road is usually the best path when dealing with others, and sometimes your positive and calm attitude can be the best example of how a player should react, causing your troll to at least think twice about how they are spending their time. Granted, this won’t work all the time, but is usually the best method where an online miscreant realizes they won’t get to you and is better off moving along to someone else. Either way remember "Don't let idiots ruin your day."

so-LOW

Grandmaster

This, all of this