Concerning Murderer Penalties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gareth

Apprentice
Back on OSI pre-trammel it wasn't all about Pking to pvp. Most of PvP was actual guild wars, factions, etc. There were pks, but a vast majority of the fighting was done through those other systems.

Huge guild wars was some of the funnest, most active and most enjoyable pvp I have had.....but it is pretty non-existent here.

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
UOF has an awesome community. The reason the red issue is so prominent is because the reds here suck, and if there was perma statloss there wouldn't be any reds. I feel if the PvP here was better you'd see a lot more factions and guild wars. My crew was orange to 90% (or more) of AI at all times we played it - including RP events, chilling in taverns, wherever - and yet here, you can't get any of us to participate in PvP on land unless we're really bored.

Maybe the new T2A (I just vomited in my mouth a little) PvP expansion will help with that, but you reap what you sow, and after a year the seeds of UOF's failed PvP ruleset has bared little fruit.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
In this thread, UOF reds ***** and moan.

I'd rather hear the reds ***** and moan than the pirate roleplayers. Same with the devs seems roflmao.

you squeaky wheel you

( Dewderonomy Well-Known Member Messages: 2,195)

Look closely, see how I have developed a whirlpool for you also. I really hope this keeps you satisfied for more than a week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Inflames

Master
as a person who plays an anti pk. the current system works just fine.
good amount of reds and not the packs of 6 pks all precasting FS. many 1v1s.
if u raise the cost of dieing for reds the pvp will just get lame with packs and healers.
the cost of making cash hand over fist as a provoker or other pvm templates comes at a price

Entr0phy

Neophyte
UOF has an awesome community. The reason the red issue is so prominent is because the reds here suck, and if there was perma statloss there wouldn't be any reds. I feel if the PvP here was better you'd see a lot more factions and guild wars. My crew was orange to 90% (or more) of AI at all times we played it - including RP events, chilling in taverns, wherever - and yet here, you can't get any of us to participate in PvP on land unless we're really bored.

Maybe the new T2A (I just vomited in my mouth a little) PvP expansion will help with that, but you reap what you sow, and after a year the seeds of UOF's failed PvP ruleset has bared little fruit.
The community here isn't awesome...in fact it is one of the worst I have ever experienced. So many assholes, scammers, and arrogant elitist douches. I don't know who you have been interacting with to think otherwise? Maybe its just your little rp community. I do have to agree the t2a expansion definitely Sounds like a bad idea....but what does it matter to you, you don't or rather can't PvP on land lol.

K A Z

Grandmaster
The community here isn't awesome...in fact it is one of the worst I have ever experienced. So many assholes, scammers, and arrogant elitist douches. I don't know who you have been interacting with to think otherwise? Maybe its just your little rp community. I do have to agree the t2a expansion definitely Sounds like a bad idea....but what does it matter to you, you don't or rather can't PvP on land lol.

I'll share a secret with you: by now ONLY assholes play this Game. No matter on what Server you go, there are always people like you crying about bad community. It's an UO tang.

Kael

Master
I would rather see the penalty be set at 24 hours regardless of the amount of counts. Not all reds are from pk'ing. I have a couple of chars that have gone red just defending spawn locations, idoc fighting or attacking blue characters that run with the reds. I would rather see people back to playing their main chars the next night rather than being gone for the weekend.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
I'll share a secret with you: by now ONLY assholes play this Game. No matter on what Server you go, there are always people like you crying about bad community. It's an UO tang.

this is part true but i do think at least some of the ladies here are alright ;)

besttherewas

Grandmaster
I would rather see the penalty be set at 24 hours regardless of the amount of counts. Not all reds are from pk'ing. I have a couple of chars that have gone red just defending spawn locations, idoc fighting or attacking blue characters that run with the reds. I would rather see people back to playing their main chars the next night rather than being gone for the weekend.

1 hour stat would still give the desired effect. But, imo they should just put the bucs idea in.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster

This is why I really like how Shane has got so many 'new to UO' and 'haven't played in a decade' people joining.

New people haven't been put through the UO asshole creating machine...yet.

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
You're clearly ********.

I've never played a server (not RP servers, not Trammel servers, and especially not Felucca servers) where the community has been as strong as UOF's. Anyone who has played a lot of freeshards in the past will agree. There is a solid balance here of assholes, griefers, carebears, banksitters, duel pit ladder climbers, crybabies, hardcores, RPers, PKers, antis, notos, thieves, crafters, vendor hosts - the whole shebang. Most importantly, though, regardless of where you fit in that line of player types, there are awesome, helpful folks in every category. Yes, even among the assholes and the griefers.

As far as us not fighting on land, we'll see how this T2A expansion comes along. Considering we've been factions/kin/militia/war rings on every server but this one the last 3+ years, I'm secure enough to say it ain't us or our ability.

SA_FMJ

I'd gladly pay up to 20k gold for my head, but instead of making gold they insta-stat so that I can't play for a couple of days. And I'm the griefer?

besttherewas

Grandmaster
I'd gladly pay up to 20k gold for my head, but instead of making gold they insta-stat so that I can't play for a couple of days. And I'm the griefer?
Too true.

Mostly the blue kids instant stat as a way of getting back at the superior player (red) for getting smoked.

48 hour statloss just means red pvpers will go to other games. Way too harsh.

halygon

Grandmaster
Lol, you are nice to pay anything. I just tell them (gankers of course :) ) that I don't pay for my head and if they are the "type" to stat then just do it.

Oddly enough, half the time I don't get stat'd. But there are always the "type" (*cough* ! ) that do. I think in reality I've only been stat'd twice but I usually just log and jump on my next pvper char.

kbruder

Novice
I would say that when I started (in october 2013) It seemed like becoming red was the only thing to do once you settle in the server with GM crafters and 7x PvP templates. there were fewer events and shitty boats, Champ scoring and rewards were more skewed. I had a few people I convinced to come to UO:F from, IMO, inferior servers, who were discouraged because they couldn't even get a foot hold with their provo archers to raise enough gold to train a PvP build.

That being said, I think it is righteous that the admins have spent so much time and effort to balance good and evil. Once they introduced the bounty system and valor points, stat loss, ETC, It gave people incentive to have a blue PvP build without having to be in factions.

I am in the guild SDI, (anti- pk) and i would say that the duration and severity of stat loss is an over correction.

I know a lot of people, even guild mates would disagree. We stat pretty much and red who's head we get. This isnt to discourage people from murdering but simply to take them out of the battle. Perhaps the stat loss should have a 2 - 4 hour cool down instead so we dont have a 48 hour period of bordem with no good reds running about the day after we do some serious anti pk work.

whats good for the goose is good for the gander. I have faith in the admins to make the game viable for all walks of life. just stay on forums and make your voice heard.

limlight

Grandmaster
what a hero, that must make you feel like such a man

Oh yes..very much...about the same as any kill in this 15 year old game.

About the same joy as a rare drop in a snes rpg.

The only reason to pk in this game is loot and thrill of kill.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.