Crafting Spined, Horned, Barbed Leather

cudjoe

Apprentice
Do I need to have runic sewing kits to craft from these leathers? I've read that runic ones are used for crafting magic modified items. But regular sewing kit just don't work.

Dimok

Master
If you are having trouble crafting it, make sure the sewing kit is set for the leather type you want to make. It's in the left side of the gump.

clutchxo

Grandmaster
Is it true that to benefit from the runic kits/hammers you have to use the designated material for such runic.

IE) to craft with a shadow smithy hammer you have to and can ONLY use shadow ingots to benefit of the runic hammers properties?
Same with runic kits. Barbed kits you should only use Barbed leather to reap the benefits of the runic kit?

Delvorin

Grandmaster
Is it true that to benefit from the runic kits/hammers you have to use the designated material for such runic.

IE) to craft with a shadow smithy hammer you have to and can ONLY use shadow ingots to benefit of the runic hammers properties?
Same with runic kits. Barbed kits you should only use Barbed leather to reap the benefits of the runic kit?

Yes, that is correct. The server uses the old way. You need to use shadow ingots for shadow runics, barbed leather for barbed runics, etc. If you use another material, then the magical properties aren't added. I've made the mistake at times as I forgot to change what material to use.