Crashing and Screen Flashing

Phrygian

Master
Hello, I have 2 issues currently.

One, is my screen constantly flashing white, as if some pop-up or app is trying to open while I'm playing. Only happens while playing the game, obviously. Also happens on both of my computers (PC and Laptop).

Second issue, is crashing whenever I tab. If I go to update something in Razor, or look up something online, the client will crash.

I'm using a 6Gig GTX 1060 on my PC, with everything fully updated. Set to run as administrator under Razor Properties. Any ideas on what to do to fix these 2 issues?

Really enjoy the game, and just made a $70 donation, but these crashes are making game enjoyment really hard.

cups

Grandmaster
Are you running Windows 7 by chance? Also, something worth trying is downloading the steam client. I had a very hard time giving up Razor and switching to Steam but Steam is just more powerful than Razor in every way, shape and form. What finally made me switch to Steam was when my Razor started having problems and I couldn't figure out how to fix them. I said ok, let's give steam a shot. It frustrated me for a few days but after a week I was kicking myself for not trying it before. It's up to you which client to use but if there's any chance that Steam could solve your other problems it might be the answer to your problems and a good opportunity to learn a superior client.

If you don't want to do that then that's fine, I will still try and help you figure it out. What operating system are you running on your PC and laptop?

Phrygian

Master
I'm running windows 7 on the PC, and windows 10 on the laptop. On windows 7, I switched my theme to basic, but it didn't help anything.

I can look into steam for sure.

cups

Grandmaster
Hmm, yeah. It has been awhile since I had Windows 7 but I remember a problem that I was only able to solve by disabling visual desktop themes. Is that the same thing as what you said? It sounds like it.. I also remember checking some box about compatibility mode. My memory fails me, let me see if I can't find it.

*Compatibility Mode, Run as Administrator*

Causes: Variety of issues, toolbar data not showing, flickering, general issues
Affected Systems: All
Solution: Find the razor icon on your desktop, right click on it and select properties. Check the box marked “Run This program in compatibility mode”.
Select Windows XP Service Pack 3 from the list. In the Privilege Level section check the box for Run this program as an administrator.
Optional: Disable Visual Themes & Desktop Composition for improved performance.

There we go. Found this online. I am not sure it will help but it might be worth a try. I still recommend giving Steam a shot.

cups

Grandmaster
Good to hear. And yeah, it can be frustrating but the powers of steam are endless. I'd recommend getting in the UOF official disc0rd channel and if you have issues with it just let people know you are fresh back and have some questions. I'm sure someone will help