Crazy_Legs scammed me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afro Man

Grandmaster
Damn never trust people with crazy legs...
tumblr_ls5b45TlUF1qmvz19o1_500.gif

Cack

Grandmaster
Let's pool some dough together and get this man a meta....
Dig deep
(Serious post)
I'll donate 100k if you can get Shane to grab it out of my bank(I know they don't do this as a rule but....)

Last edited by a moderator:
Call me an ass, but I'm not sure why people are so against scamming, no matter what form it comes in. That's what makes UO unique -- you need to be on your toes at all times.

You can't formulate rules and consequences that apply to some, but not to others. You've got to learn somehow, and if you can't handle the disappointment, this is not the game for you.

That's not really an applicable analogy. So let me provide a better one:

A. Guy just opens a store and gets his cash register robbed
B. Guy has had store open for 3 years and gets his cash register robbed

Should the criminal be punished anymore harshly because guy A just opened the store? No -- the punishment is the same. So that leaves 2 options, either no scamming, or all scamming.

Cack

Grandmaster

Should the criminal be punished anymore harshly because guy A just opened the store? No -- the punishment is the same. So that leaves 2 options, either no scamming, or all scamming.
Well they're all Arab and get subsidies from our tax dollars anyway so the robber would just be stealing back his own tax dollars.

Lord Hampton Royce

Grandmaster
actually, thats not true either.

a judge can assess damages based on many things.

being someones first day on the job, potentially scarring/giving emotional damages could land the criminal in more trouble than a guy robbing a seasoned store owner who may or may not already have dealt with robberies before.

its not always like that, but its possible.

thanks for playing

actually, thats not true either.

a judge can assess damages based on many things.

being someones first day on the job, potentially scarring/giving emotional damages could land the criminal in more trouble than a guy robbing a seasoned store owner.

its not always like that, but its possible.

thanks for playing

Lol, if you can find me one court case where that has been the case, I will reinstall windows/UO and give you whatever gold is in my bank. IF that was ever the case, it would go straight to an appeals court and be overturned.

CN_Chan

Neophyte
I appreciate all the info. Hopefully the GMs can either help me out or explain why they cant. Lesson learned.

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
I think it was if someone impersonated a GM and scammed that it was bannable but could be wrong.
Honestly, I think public shaming and banding together to help the people who get scammed makes for a much more unified community. We don't need the "government" to solve all problems. We can be vigilantes!

Earendur

Adept

C. Several people who just opened a store get robbed, then no one opens stores, and the town dies.

halygon

Grandmaster
UO logs journals by default so check your log file unless you turned it off.
Actually, you have to turn it on. It is off by default. This can be turned on in the options or in the character's config file (in your UO directory).

In regards to this being uof-illegal, I only know that we take a strong stance against scamming on the forums. I have never heard that scamming on IRC is illegal. The purpose of that rule is to keep the integrity of the sell/buy forums intact - not sure this correlates to IRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.