Custom Housing Questions

Cephlen

Neophyte
Walked around for a couple of evenings and found a nice spot. I placed my custom house, gave it a name and started up the housing customizer.

A few questions about this process:

1. If I secure items down on my empty foundation, will I need to remove them before I can buy the walls and floor?
2. It looks like the initial cost to build anything is 50k. If I only build out my first floor, will I have to repay that fee to build out my second floor at a later time?
3. What is the house decorating tool?

Anything else I need to know before I invest the money in my design?

[Legato]

Master
1. yes thats recommended. theres supposed to be a 'storage' for these types of things between transitions but i never trust it lol
2. yes. the placement cost and building costs are different
3. used for moving items within the house like furniture. up/down/left/right

drasked

Grandmaster
Walked around for a couple of evenings and found a nice spot. I placed my custom house, gave it a name and started up the housing customizer.

A few questions about this process:

1. If I secure items down on my empty foundation, will I need to remove them before I can buy the walls and floor?
2. It looks like the initial cost to build anything is 50k. If I only build out my first floor, will I have to repay that fee to build out my second floor at a later time?
3. What is the house decorating tool?

Anything else I need to know before I invest the money in my design?

On point 2, i don't think it's 50k, more like 10k.. You should always check the price on the final warning popup to get the actual price you are paying. The building gump shows the current price as a whole (including plot)

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
1. If I secure items down on my empty foundation, will I need to remove them before I can buy the walls and floor? - You don't NEED to, if they are along the extreme east or south plot border, they should get moved into the moving crate. Everything else should be ok (can even change the tiles under them).
2. It looks like the initial cost to build anything is 50k. If I only build out my first floor, will I have to repay that fee to build out my second floor at a later time? - Nope, just the 10k fee for customizing plus (I think) 500 gold per tile/wall (floors are expensive).
3. What is the house decorating tool? - Moving items that you can lock down or secure, up, down, or turning left or right. Does not work on things you don't have to say "I wish to secure this" to, like the spinning wheel, loom, water trough.

*Don't forget to either add a door or double-click the house sign every so often to refresh your house.
*Don't forget to set the security of your front door and/or teleport tiles to "Friends" to help keep bad guys out
*Don't forget to friend you other character from your other accounts (all characters on the account that own the house are already owners i believe)

Cephlen

Neophyte
I was going for a 3 story, but it was just too expensive despite being offered to be shown some plots.

I ended up with an 11x 8 by a mountain and not crammed in. I found a few other plots, but this one felt good.

It is interesting how many houses out there do not follow the spacing requirements.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
Place holders used for selling on the forums or holding a larger spot to be used later for a larger house.

Cephlen

Neophyte
Place holders used for selling on the forums or holding a larger spot to be used later for a larger house.
There was one that I remember that had its stair block against a mountain and they put a chest on the stair. It forced me to go around the whole house to continue following the mountain.

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
There was one that I remember that had its stair block against a mountain and they put a chest on the stair. It forced me to go around the whole house to continue following the mountain.
That's really odd.