DaTamer's Guide to Tinkering

Greetings again all!
Tinkering is pretty simple and straight forward so I won't harp on it for too long.
Buy it to 50 of course.
Now, if you have a miner, and plan on doing a lot of mining, make shovels til about 65-68 (if you got somewhere to store them)
At 65 or 68, start lock picks.
Now some guides tell you to jump around here and there, but don't. Lock picks cost 1 ingot. Just 1 ingot. Nothing costs less than 1 ingot.
Now, I do not believe you can GM tinkering from Lock Picks (although it would be nice), but you should be able to get to about 93-95 tinkering pretty easily with lock picks.
At 95 - GM you do heating stands. Pure and simple. Heating stands will GM you from 93 or 95.

Now if you don't have a miner and don't care to stock yourself with shovels
50-95 Lock picks
95-GM Heating stands

Stay fed, stay in a dungeon, and stay hidden. You can tinker while hidden!

This Guide has been brought to you by the Best Selling Author Brian Woods
In game known as Battered Heart and DuMule and now Alyce (Alyce? Who the F$%^ is Alyce?)
More guides to come!

Tynder

Master
You may want to mention that you will wind up with about 5,000 or so lock picks in the process. This is more lock picks than you will ever need in a lifetime. They are stackable, but weigh one stone a piece. If you are concerned about getting any cost recovery, lock picks may be sold to tinkers at about 3 gp per. Not a whole lot, but brings down your per ingot cost some if you don't mine your own or don't have a ton of cash to throw around.