Defence talisman boss score modifier

Furync

Grandmaster
The defence talisman is a great one. My only beef with it is that I will get a laughable score at bosses and our odds at getting a PS are slim to none.

For example, at arch deamon, I'll get an average 1-2k score while all the zerkers get 10k+++

Fafnir = same
Aldramach = same (which is a shame cause he's fun to duo when paired with a zerker).

I haven't done Akor but I'm guessing its the same.

The longer the fight lasts, the more this gap widens. Our odds of getting the goodies like a PS is significantly less because of this.

I would suggest adding a modifier to our score, like x3 or even x5 , and that's still probably not enough to be "at par" with a zerkers score. The other thing I was thinking is adding the damage we mitigate to our score. Can that even be done?

I can't be the only one to think this...

Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

kabookie

Journeyman
The defence talisman is a tank class, it's not made to put out damage, it's made to take damage.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
are you sure that your chances for a reward increase based on damage? I've never heard any actual confirmation from staff if this is the case for champs and bosses. Would be nice to know for sure.

Furync

Grandmaster
are you sure that your chances for a reward increase based on damage? I've never heard any actual confirmation from staff if this is the case for champs and bosses. Would be nice to know for sure.
Yes, its on the wiki somewhere.

Furync

Grandmaster
The defence talisman is a tank class, it's not made to put out damage, it's made to take damage.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
You're absolutely right. I'm not talking about doing more damage, I'm just suggesting that boss score shouldn't entirely be based on the damage one does to it.

If I'm tanking Aldramach so you zerkers can almost afk kill him, shouldn't I have at least as good a chance at a PS? Yet here I am with my 3k score vs 25k+ score, I ain't getting no PS, I just wasted 15-20 minutes and a keg worth of pots.

Swayze

Grandmaster
lots of good answers above. The issue here is you are comparing apples to oranges. The idea is each class will be better for different scenarios. Sure you might not score high but that still doesn't mean you won't get a powerscroll. Also keep in mind, score does not matter for high end rewards like relics. You have just as much a chance to get one of those as someone who outscores you by 30X.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Mmmm yeah that is pretty common knowledge that 1 score = 50k score as far as relics are concerned so if the wiki says otherwise it surely needs corrected.

Sometimes you just gotta shelf a character in favor of another one. The special attacks that bosses have all but completely mitigate the benefits of a defense tali, meaning you're about as good as regular non-tali dexer. I have never, nor will ever use my defense tali char to fight a boss because it's just impractical. More for standard PvM/paragons...or dungeon PKing which was an inevitable consequence because of the nature of the talisman.

Swayze

Grandmaster
Oh I didn't mean you specifically. I just meant someone, in general, should update it. I don't even know where it says that.

Haha so you are just assuming it is wrong? I couldn't find any wrong info about champs which is why I asked.

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
Haha so you are just assuming it is wrong? I couldn't find any wrong info about champs which is why I asked.

Well the other dude said he saw info in the wiki that said otherwise, so I was just going off of what he said ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
The defence talisman is a great one. My only beef with it is that I will get a laughable score at bosses and our odds at getting a PS are slim to none.

For example, at arch deamon, I'll get an average 1-2k score while all the zerkers get 10k+++

Fafnir = same
Aldramach = same (which is a shame cause he's fun to duo when paired with a zerker).

I haven't done Akor but I'm guessing its the same.

The longer the fight lasts, the more this gap widens. Our odds of getting the goodies like a PS is significantly less because of this.

I would suggest adding a modifier to our score, like x3 or even x5 , and that's still probably not enough to be "at par" with a zerkers score. The other thing I was thinking is adding the damage we mitigate to our score. Can that even be done?

I can't be the only one to think this...

Thank you.

Defense talisman isn't great for any end game content that has a scoreboard. This is why I recommend going berserker to most people.

There are a few ways to make the defense talisman more viable for scoreboards. Points could be added for incoming damage as well as outgoing. Recoil could reflect more damage. But like people said the defense tally is more for farming. So its just something to keep in mind.

I do think it would be very reasonable for the defense talisman to reduce damage on special attacks from dungeon bosses. Or instead of buffing the defense talisman perhaps berserkers should be squishier. The big imbalance at champs/RDAs/arch demon is the fact that berserkers can hide behind a meta dragon or defense talisman dexer and rack up a big score without drawing aggro. It would seem fair that a double strike attack or phase shift would instantly draw aggro due to the large amount of damage.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I think as far as specials go everyone is already plenty squishy as-is. I do like the idea of def tali offering a buff against the bosses special attacks to make them more usable. That's a tricky task though considering some specials kill and some do not. Maybe each boss has one special that is totally ignored by anyone wearing a def tali? They all randomize their attacks the same don't they? Not the most creative solution but it's something.