Designated Vendor Gate Area - No more spam

Mike Miner

Journeyman
Maybe make one designated area where people can gate to their vendors.. The spam at Brit bank is just super annoying.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Its always been like that thou. there is nothing more depressing than login into a UO server and seeing WBB empty...

I personally think its worse to log in and see nothing but AFK Spammers/Gaters at WBB.

We have a large enough population here that we don't need AFKs to make it look like there are people here. besides he's asking to move them to one location not get rid of them.

+1

Jager

Grandmaster
it is very annoying, but there is other banks, and like Malk said its how its always been unfortunately. and i used to judge private servers buy making a char and running to brit bank, if it was dead id find a new server.. i only go to WBB if im looking for trouble or to meet up with someone, for the reason of the rediculous spam. theres a couple pennies for ya

bane

Master
Maybe make one designated area where people can gate to their vendors.. The spam at Brit bank is just super annoying.
Disclaimer: I am part of the problem (=.

One idea someone had a few months ago was to allow players to buy a persistent gate in a designated area that would put out an advertisement for the shop on an interval. I know I would probably not gate spam at WBB if this area was prominent. It could even be fairly expensive (100-150k a week) and I would pay that gladly to get one of my characters back provided it gave me close to the same amount of foot traffic as my current gate spam does.

Torrun

Expert
Even when I played osu servers, pre aos, people did this. I agree with the others. Leave it as is, the first thing a lot of people do is run there to see how active it is.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
I agree with OP
those spammers who are gating don't need to be so verbose.
I'ts like having a mile long signature that you dont remember making

Skoad

Journeyman
Ive made this post before and so have others.

I completely agree. Some people will say its good because it makes the bank look busy, but that I do not agree with.

The bank is going to have people there no matter what and always will. I dont even go to WBB unless I plan to gate somewhere just because of the spam.

Designated area would be great, or at least make rules to where you can only advertise/gate once every 60 seconds. The thing that bothers me the most is half the people gating have their text on a constant loop which just created a massive wall of text nonstop.