Dexter pve?

Curious if a dexter is viable for pve? I know it has always struggled and there are better ways to farm. I'm just trying to do something different.

Volco

Master
depends on your build, but being a dexxer is totally viable. I'm about halfway done with my Talisman, and can already solo some of the end-game mobs

Volco

Master
What is a good build these days for it?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
This is the build i've been using:
100 Anatomy
100 Arms Lore
100 Healing
100 Resisting Spells
100 Swordsmanship
100 Tactics
100 Hiding
20 Magery
100/100/25

Not to get off-topic, but what tali did you get, Volco?
I favor the defense tali since i'm mainly just a solo PvMer. Currently my talisman is lvl 7 with lvl 3 leech. So far I've found I can solo just about anything if I'm wearing slayer armor. Without slayer armor, i'd say Balrons and Shadow Wyrms are about as high as i can solo.

Young Star

Grandmaster
Berserkers can chew through mobs pretty quick but need expensive slayer armor yo survive most high end mobs solo. Defense dexer will take much longer to kill the same mob but will be able to tank it solo.

Dulcinea

Grandmaster
100 Anatomy
100 Arms Lore
100 Healing
100 Resisting Spells
100 Swordsmanship
100 Tactics
100 Hiding
20 Magery
100/100/25

I favor the defense tali since i'm mainly just a solo PvMer. Currently my talisman is lvl 7 with lvl 3 leech. So far I've found I can solo just about anything if I'm wearing slayer armor. Without slayer armor, i'd say Balrons and Shadow Wyrms are about as high as i can solo.

I am going to try this template out with the defense talisman because I am also planning on getting the zerk talisman as well. The template should fit for both. Thank you. :)

halv

Grandmaster
100 Anatomy
100 Arms Lore
100 Healing
100 Resisting Spells
100 Swordsmanship
100 Tactics
100 Hiding
20 Magery
100/100/25

Good template!

I took Hiding away and used Lumberjacking. With Bezerker-Tali and a slayer axe the damage is amazing, arms lore is helping a lot.
But I can't recommend it, because sometimes you need a way to hide. Without invis spell or hiding you will in get some very dangerous situations.

Dimok

Master
Good template!

I took Hiding away and used Lumberjacking. With Bezerker-Tali and a slayer axe the damage is amazing, arms lore is helping a lot.
But I can't recommend it, because sometimes you need a way to hide. Without invis spell or hiding you will in get some very dangerous situations.
I have your build but gm mage instead of arms lore. I am thinking of dropping magery for arms lore, was hoping to see what this proposed change that is supposed to buff LJ builds would do that they discussed on upcoming changes. I haven't heard anything come about from it though.

halv

Grandmaster
I have your build but gm mage instead of arms lore. I am thinking of dropping magery for arms lore, was hoping to see what this proposed change that is supposed to buff LJ builds would do that they discussed on upcoming changes. I haven't heard anything come about from it though.

Arms Lore is working pretty well for me. It's only getting useful with high melee mobs. But I did count the hits and it's around 25-30% more hits.
But without Hiding and Invis Spell it's hard to do large groups of mobs. Every mob is following you, you can't get rid of them. If you are doing a champion and all the spawns attacking you, following you to your group/guild mostly around the ankh healing pets, it will be a desaster.
Last week this happens three times, not me, I'm actually playing my meta mage, but other non magical and no hiding zerks at Warlock King, Soul Devouror and Shame Champ. A massacre. With Hiding or Invis Spell this wouldn't happen. :)

halv

Grandmaster
BTW: It's easy to take out LJ and get Magery and 35 INT, but many player have a crafter and need the Zerk-Axer-LJ for wood too. I'm still lumbering heartwood for my galleon, that's why I keep LJ. If I have 100K of wood in stock, I would change LJ for Magery and drop STR to 90 and raise INT to 35.

Mara

Journeyman
Talking much on the thread about slayer armors.
I'm working on my Lj berserrk
going everywhere with 0 armor
The best I found to farm for exp its an orc fortress
I tryed dragons and so on ,but to much pks for me , and with the 15 mins issue I dont feeel like wasting the few "mins" I have for exp.

saying this... My question its.....
how to get slayer armors ,and how much they can worth....
I Imagine that they will worth enougth to make me scary of wearing it.... but any1 can give some more info about slayer?
I know if have something to do with the glowing runes and a crystal workbench ( craft table?)
but not much more.

halv

Grandmaster
saying this... My question its.....
how to get slayer armors ,and how much they can worth....
I Imagine that they will worth enougth to make me scary of wearing it.... but any1 can give some more info about slayer?
I know if have something to do with the glowing runes and a crystal workbench ( craft table?)
but not much more.

Slayer armor can be crafted with a legandary blacksmith and the gargoylish glowing runes: http://www.uoforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Slayer_Armor
Slayer armor is very very expensive. I lost a repond breastplate to a japanese pk-guild. They sold the breastplate for 50K on their vendor.
But don't forget the ar will cost you exp. I've a lumberjack zerk too and don't use armor to get more exp. :)

Mara

Journeyman
Slayer armor can be crafted with a legandary blacksmith and the gargoylish glowing runes: http://www.uoforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Slayer_Armor
Slayer armor is very very expensive. I lost a repond breastplate to a japanese pk-guild. They sold the breastplate for 50K on their vendor.
But don't forget the ar will cost you exp. I've a lumberjack zerk too and don't use armor to get more exp. :)

ty , Like I said I go with 0 armor for the exp too

but wanted to know how much could be a full "X" slayer suit.

I already read the wiki when I did the post but didnt notice ( the info its there!?!) that legendary Blacksmith was needed. I will have to forget about them I guess :(

anyway ty for ur answer!

halv

Grandmaster
To start the quest for soulforge you already need 120 Bs and Tinkering and a legendary Hammer to start it.

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk