Dexxer Armor

Tantreghan

Grandmaster
Ok so we know barbed or studded barbed or magic leather etc makes great dexxer armor. But why not dragon scale? no dex loss higer AR right?

Something im missing???

kurtis

Grandmaster
My guess is cost to make. I have GM smithing and the success chance of a dragon breastplate is 30% with 0% exceptional. It costs 36 scales. Obviously, percentages will go up if you're legendary and if you are holding an ASH but I imagine it's still low rates.

Skreww

Apprentice
I used to go out in studed and leather blah blah. But now I make GM chain arms/legs with plate, gloves, arms, gorg and helm. -5 dex loss and I can rock out.I keep G Str and Agil pots on me I have huge success. Now I roll with all val(54ar) , verite(52) or even gold(49 ar ). My PvP DP dexer rarley dies, even if those conc blows from macers come I can suruvive easily. Im also runing a meta(resilliance) dexer archer/macer with resist and hiding for champs full val. LOVE IT i can PvM and mobs hardly do dmg, the -5 dex loss is nothing. I started turning on some friends to the same concept and we all agree. Also, my vendor is doing pretty good selling the -5 dex suits now.

Fingurz

Novice
GM full valorite plate w/norse helm is 62 ar with 8 dex loss on my dexxer.. I love rocking out in that, but it's expensive to make. Loss in swing speed is negligible to me, but I always pack agl pots for pvp encounters, which will bring you to 113 anyway.

Yeah, Dragonscale is equal to iron plate's 48 AR with no dex loss, which is very nice, but even at 120 smithing it takes 200+ scales to make a set. Not even sure what price you'd have to sell it at to make it worthwhile. It's kinda the same reason I'm hesitant to put my val/barbed mixed suits on my vendor. They give 40 AR with -0 Dex, but I would prob have to price them around 5000gp.

So instead right now I stock barbed leather sets, barbed studded sets, light iron dex sets (33AR/-3Dex), and heavy iron dex sets (41AR/-5Dex).

Discrete

Apprentice
I wonder what the average ingot usage of a GM valorite plate suit is.. Seems like everyone in PvP should be using it. I personally stick with GM dragonscale or GM barbed bone, because I have plenty of resources from hunting.

Fingurz

Novice
I use valorite plate..but I also have a very generous smith at my disposal and know of enough valorite veins to mine a loop constantly until Im absolutely sick of it :p. On average, she can make a set using about 150-200 ingots or so. If you make all of your exceptional rolls, I think it can be done in roughly 100 ingots. Expensive, yes, but I don't care :p

Keltonator

Grandmaster
I've been supplementing my usual barbed leather with some bone armor recently. No dex loss and better ar than leather