Disable CTF before it's all fixed.

Peav

Grandmaster
There is so many things which shouldn't be in CTF, the only people which will disagree with me are only retards which are farming points. Yes i underlined retards for a reason.

So first of all I see a lot of people abusing the returning system with a drop flag macro. Basically what you do is you get your friend in your base and let him pick up the flag and run a constant macro to drop the flag (double clicking it in pack) the person (friend) chasing him is returning the flag to the respawn place. So it looks like two people (One enemy team player and one the color of flag player) are running straight line at the respawn place and the keep picking up/returning the flag you can get easily 40 points before dying to others because the flag return and pick up has no cooldown. People can get 100 points if the bases are clear and two people are only doing it.

Another thing which is wrong is that you can capture invisible flags. You can capture your flag whenever the other team holding your flag drops it (Not returns.) just double clicks it for example to get points in safe spot. The person running over their flag place can capture a flag and than the person farming points because of dropping can pick the flag and it will be there (since it is captured by enemy) and he can capture himself.

Another thing is that people can bring blockage items into CTF arena and block the maze, walls, corners with them. It does really create a very unsportsmanlike behaviour and also it takes time to remove them to get by the spots. So basically you replace a Waller with items. I few people doing it. However there are no published CTF rules so thats a reason to do it.

Besides that i just want to clarify im not doing it for my self to fuck people over because im mad people are getting points but just for the better event which can be created and fixed and be portrayed much better by the public.

If i really cared about points and trammy shit ill get my friends to farm points with me and block shit so people can't stop us.
Just a little equality and balance is needed.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
I vote get your friends anyways and have fun man, smile. It's a game and everyone else is having fun.

Agree about blocking objs tho, they used to make items dropped on the floor during CTF disintegrate in like 3 seconds, not sure if it changed back by intention or not.

IMO you're being too serious about random CTF events, and should just focus on league dynamics so it will help developers.

BTW i have offered a list of viable fixes here: http://www.uoforum.com/threads/∞-ctf-magic-wall-scoring-balance-and-bug-fixes.54395/#post-358962

please take the time to review them, I believe it fixes a ton of problems you've mentioned.

Peav

Grandmaster
i dont understand why my thread did move, its an either a bug submission or triggering the system. It's not a suggestion its a discussion. Who ever moved it is mislead by his own forum knowledge thxbye.

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
Yeah where are the ctf rules? You can bring in anything you want but where's the rule that I can't bring in tons of boxes and block off red team's maze?

It doesn't even have to be something so obvious, like if people bring in impassable furniture, they can just drop a box or two here and there and fuck people over hard and it's more difficult to catch who's doing it. You can't just jail someone because they have furniture in their backpack. That's not really proof that they were the ones who did it.

I don't think it should be disabled, but there really is a ton of shit wrong with it right now and myself and others have provided a wealth of suggestions, none of which have even been acknowledged by staff at all. It's really pretty disappointing when staff asks for feedback and then just goes silent.

Dig'em

Grandmaster
It's legal to block movement in game as long as you leave one passable tile, even if it's hidden behind a wall, ran into this problem once when POWER walled the star room off with kegs at the end of a champ, but had 1 tile you could get through behind a wall, so you couldn't see it without circle of transparency, sucks, but that's the rules. At least how Carl explained it to me at the time

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Yeah where are the ctf rules? You can bring in anything you want but where's the rule that I can't bring in tons of boxes and block off red team's maze?

It doesn't even have to be something so obvious, like if people bring in impassable furniture, they can just drop a box or two here and there and fuck people over hard and it's more difficult to catch who's doing it. You can't just jail someone because they have furniture in their backpack. That's not really proof that they were the ones who did it.

I don't think it should be disabled, but there really is a ton of shit wrong with it right now and myself and others have provided a wealth of suggestions, none of which have even been acknowledged by staff at all. It's really pretty disappointing when staff asks for feedback and then just goes silent.

hehe to be fair man its a free shard and we're pretty spoiled by devs here :D
I know they read the suggestions, even if they don't always reply. That's why i dont bump my suggestions