Disappointed :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

pistdov

Neophyte
Well, after having been gone from UO for 15 years, I was kind of excited to get back into it. I've quickly learned, however, that trying to do anything in a dungeon results in constantly being zerged by red gank squads. Kind of makes it not worth the hassle to try and get some characters and money going. It's too bad "PvP" here consists of that, from what I've seen. I may check it out again in the future, but as of now, I don't feel like trying to develop characters while being zerged and trash talked by 40 year old keyboard warriors, lol.

I think the staff has done a good job with this server from what I've seen, it's just too bad the player base ruins it.
Thanks to the few people I did meet here who were helpful, and I'll return the small house I was loaned. :)

wreckognize

Grandmaster
more likely you came from another server just to trash talk uof on the forums to try and curb the non-stop flow of satisfied new players who come here.

But just incase you aren't, and your story is legit, and you decided to go dungeon crawling solo on brand new characters (instead of farming less populated overworld spawn areas) and got killed, then all I have to say to you is buhbye. This isn't a trammel server. If you're really from UO 15 years ago then you should know dungeons are dangerous.

There's more to UOF than simply dungeon crawling with no friends and no backup plan. There's custom housing, custom fishing, custom PvM, custom crafting, literally a hundred fun ways to spend your time then playing the game wrong. The playerbase here is by far the kindest, most mature of all UO servers currently available, but nobody's going to help you if all you want to do is slander everyone.

pistdov

Neophyte
Yes you caught me, I'm from another server and my goal is to take away population from this one. lol... I'm glad if people come here and enjoy their time, that's good. I hope they continue to do so.

Reading any thread in the PvP forum does scream maturity, so maybe you're right. :) Sarcasm aside, there were some nice people I met here, and I thanked them, and I'm trying to get one of them to respond to PM as I wait here to give them the house I was given back.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
The vast majority of spawns are rarely visited by reds. If you are seeing a lot of reds then you are picking the dangerous dungeon spots. Rather than dismissing your complaints outright I will instead share this with you.

http://www.uoforum.com/threads/avoiding-reds-and-loss-mitigation-for-blue-farmers.66364/

This is a fairly comprehensive guide for new players when it comes to dealing with a non-Trammel server. The guide also provides an accurate assessment of the more dangerous dungeon spots in UOF.

Long story short, there are a ton of lucrative spawn locations that you will rarely encounter trouble.

Check out the guide, it's a decent debriefing on champs and dungeons on UOF. I believe it might give you a better idea of how to approach farming.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Reading any thread in the PvP forum does scream maturity, so maybe you're right. :) Sarcasm aside.

Again it's the same thing. You say you don't like being PK'd but then go directly to the areas where it's most likely to happen. Then you come to the forums to complain about it being a Felucca shard, already knowing that there is a vocal minority of PvPers here who are willing to tell u to buzz off.

Seems to me that you're a glutton for punishment, which makes me wonder if anyone could even help you if they wanted to.

pistdov

Neophyte
i quite enjoy pvp, actually, was looking forward to getting into factions, wasn't something that was available when i played originally. and yes, i go to dungeons to farm gold and skills, as it's.... well, its the best options. never once complained about felucca/trammel, so not sure where you get that from. ive never even played on a trammel shard, osi included. so im not sure what youre trying to accomplish, other than proving me right? lol. :)

Cack

Grandmaster
i quite enjoy pvp, actually, was looking forward to getting into factions, wasn't something that was available when i played originally. and yes, i go to dungeons to farm gold and skills, as it's.... well, its the best options. never once complained about felucca/trammel, so not sure where you get that from. ive never even played on a trammel shard, osi included. so im not sure what youre trying to accomplish, other than proving me right? lol. :)
Have you seen Egor?

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Well, after having been gone from UO for 15 years, I was kind of excited to get back into it. I've quickly learned, however, that trying to do anything in a dungeon results in constantly being zerged by red gank squads. Kind of makes it not worth the hassle to try and get some characters and money going. It's too bad "PvP" here consists of that, from what I've seen. I may check it out again in the future, but as of now, I don't feel like trying to develop characters while being zerged and trash talked by 40 year old keyboard warriors, lol.

I think the staff has done a good job with this server from what I've seen, it's just too bad the player base ruins it.
Thanks to the few people I did meet here who were helpful, and I'll return the small house I was loaned. :)

The general rule applies across most Fellucian rule sets that PK'ing is a part of the game and does add risk vs reward, however, I completely understand where you are coming from in regards to the excessive, negative behaviour on UOForever. Unfortunately, there is not enough of a penalty for reds in question and I understand fully that I will get jumped upon because of that statement. Everyone plays this game to enjoy and have fun, this applies for Reds, Blues, Greys and thieves alike, when the balance is tipped to favour one or the other, you get issues. From reading these forums and understanding a good percentage of what people want here, the balance is currently tipped towards a certain group of players.

This will go on and on and until people get sick and tired of it, the only move those people will make then is to look for something else to do, reducing everyone's pleasure in the long run. PK'ing from my experience of playing here has never been as bad as it is now.

Orgha

Apprentice
more likely you came from another server just to trash talk uof on the forums to try and curb the non-stop flow of satisfied new players who come here.

But just incase you aren't, and your story is legit, and you decided to go dungeon crawling solo on brand new characters (instead of farming less populated overworld spawn areas) and got killed, then all I have to say to you is buhbye. This isn't a trammel server. If you're really from UO 15 years ago then you should know dungeons are dangerous.

There's more to UOF than simply dungeon crawling with no friends and no backup plan. There's custom housing, custom fishing, custom PvM, custom crafting, literally a hundred fun ways to spend your time then playing the game wrong. The playerbase here is by far the kindest, most mature of all UO servers currently available, but nobody's going to help you if all you want to do is slander everyone.

LOL!!!!!

What the hell have you been smoking?

1. If he was trying to help another shard he would have mentioned it in some way. This is paranoid rambling (You got the munchies bro?)

2. Kindest, most mature player base ??? :cool: Seriously? I'd agree there are SOME kind and/or mature players on this shard. But the majority I've come across are definitely not mature and a mixed bag when it comes to kindness (Although kindness isn't a trait I'd expect from UO players these days).

Thanks for the good laugh.

Orgha

Apprentice
The general rule applies across most Fellucian rule sets that PK'ing is a part of the game and does add risk vs reward, however, I completely understand where you are coming from in regards to the excessive, negative behaviour on UOForever. Unfortunately, there is not enough of a penalty for reds in question and I understand fully that I will get jumped upon because of that statement. Everyone plays this game to enjoy and have fun, this applies for Reds, Blues, Greys and thieves alike, when the balance is tipped to favour one or the other, you get issues. From reading these forums and understanding a good percentage of what people want here, the balance is currently tipped towards a certain group of players.

This will go on and on and until people get sick and tired of it, the only move those people will make then is to look for something else to do, reducing everyone's pleasure in the long run. PK'ing from my experience of playing here has never been as bad as it is now.

The only reason people will jump you for statements like this is because UOF is actually a Red/PK "Trammel" Server. All under the guise of "Improving PvP".

I ran a solo PK here and enjoyed it for a while, but after a while found myself BORED of PKing because it was minimal risk. It didn't come with the same thrill of the past. It was meaningless. This shard is no different than the trammel servers full of PvMers, just only for PvPers.

Lord Hampton Royce

Grandmaster
ITT :

someone who played uo for 2 years.

clearly a noob.

dies to pks in dungeon.

cries about it.

quits.

k. sounds like a good player to have lol

Shane

Administrator
Staff member