Discordance bot

Shurik'n

Novice
Another question here,

I’m thinking of running a disco bot with my tamer but I really don’t know much about this skills. I’m from T2A servers so I never tested it.

How does it work? Do you have to keep using the skill on your target or once you applied it the debuff stick until mob die?

I would run a disco/provo bard on 2nd screen and debuff targets to kill them faster or provo when it gets messy.

Thanks for your advices.

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
Once he's discorded, you need to stay within a certain distance. I think it's 10 tiles but I'm not positive. Hiding/Invis broke it on other servers, haven't tested here though

poogoblin

Master
Another question here,

I’m thinking of running a disco bot with my tamer but I really don’t know much about this skills. I’m from T2A servers so I never tested it.

How does it work? Do you have to keep using the skill on your target or once you applied it the debuff stick until mob die?

I would run a disco/provo bard on 2nd screen and debuff targets to kill them faster or provo when it gets messy.

Thanks for your advices.

FWIW, this is "supposed" to be against the rules. Using two accounts to kill the same mob....however from what I've noticed this is rarely, if ever enforced.

Shurik'n

Novice
I'm pretty sure most fishers are doing it when they bring their tamer to help them kill the spawned mobs. Didn't see any mentions of it being illegal in the rules either.

Just curious as to how effective this skill is. Sure does look good, 20% debuff is a huge chunk :)

poogoblin

Master
I'm pretty sure most fishers are doing it when they bring their tamer to help them kill the spawned mobs. Didn't see any mentions of it being illegal in the rules either.

Just curious as to how effective this skill is. Sure does look good, 20% debuff is a huge chunk :)

It is in the rules somewhere, where I can't remember, it has also been discussed quite a bit. The ruling with Fishing was basically as long as the fisherman is only fishing and not actually fighting what he brings up nobody cares about the second account.

Again, even though this is a rule I've never actually seen or even heard of anyone getting even a warning for this.

Lastly Discord fails ALOT, it's why it's rarely used here. If/When 120 Discord PS gets put in it may be a different story.

halygon

Grandmaster
FWIW, this is "supposed" to be against the rules. Using two accounts to kill the same mob....however from what I've noticed this is rarely, if ever enforced.

Yes, using two accounts to kill a mob, whether out at sea, in a dungeon, anywhere is considered multi-clienting and is a bannable offense if caught. The title of this thread alone tells me that you plan on multi-clienting -- I would strongly advise against that.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Yes, using two accounts to kill a mob, whether out at sea, in a dungeon, anywhere is considered multi-clienting and is a bannable offense if caught. The title of this thread alone tells me that you plan on multi-clienting -- I would strongly advise against that.
Sorry to question but...

This has been brought upa few times and explained a few ways but from all the conversations I've seen the best explanation I can muster is if:
You are using macros or scripts to do anything on a second account while killing a mob on the first account you are breaking the rules however if you are flipping screens and casting all spells using disco yourself Ie. Physically multitasking it's considered Ok (or at least grey area).

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this is the way the rules are enforced as to allow solo fishing treasure hunting or high end mob hunting. You may get more loot doing this but you are also more like to die to a pk or anything else unforseen doing this. It's a risk vs reward. The key being play your chars and you should be Ok.

Grisbone

Expert
I always assumed this was allowed in PvM as long as your were actually in control of both characters and not scripting or the like

halygon

Grandmaster
Sorry to question but...

This has been brought upa few times and explained a few ways but from all the conversations I've seen the best explanation I can muster is if:
You are using macros or scripts to do anything on a second account while killing a mob on the first account you are breaking the rules however if you are flipping screens and casting all spells using disco yourself Ie. Physically multitasking it's considered Ok (or at least grey area).

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this is the way the rules are enforced as to allow solo fishing treasure hunting or high end mob hunting. You may get more loot doing this but you are also more like to die to a pk or anything else unforseen doing this. It's a risk vs reward. The key being play your chars and you should be Ok.
Using discord on a mob with one character then switching to another character to fight it, is multi tasking. It is no different than having an archer shoot arrows at the mob, while fighting it with another account/character.

If you fight with one character - then stop all actions and switch to another, you are good.

poogoblin

Master
Using discord on a mob with one character then switching to another character to fight it, is multi tasking. It is no different than having an archer shoot arrows at the mob, while fighting it with another account/character.

If you fight with one character - then stop all actions and switch to another, you are good.

Hence, why fishing something up and leaving the fisherman doing nothing while you kill with a tamer/archer is ok.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Actually continuing to fish would be Ok since you are allowed to macro this. So it seems were just saying don't damage one mob with two of your chars. But I have on occasion had my tamer out at one spot and a warrior out at another and flipped between the two. But now I don't know if this is legal. I'm very confused. Guess it's just stick to one account farming until cleared up. (Which is bad news for meta warrior training).

Messremb

Grandmaster
I thought Shane said its only an issue if your alt is following you and doing things without you having to tab over.

This its why guilds like power don't get in trouble for ev bots and such.

So if you have your tamer attack then tab over to bard and move him into range and disco, that should be ok. But if you have your bard set to auto follow and run a auto disco macro, that would be braking the rules.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Nope it is not at all against the rules. I was informed by Shane when I complained of a character bringing his red and dual box pking me. As long as you don't have one character on auto follow with scripts and you're tabbing between the two it is legal here.

signature field is blank

poogoblin

Master
Nope it is not at all against the rules. I was informed by Shane when I complained of a character bringing his red and dual box pking me. As long as you don't have one character on auto follow with scripts and you're tabbing between the two it is legal here.

signature field is blank

Why quote me? Why not quote Halygon who gave an official statement on it?

Some One

Master
I was there when this happened, PKED by this douche too.
We paged that was the reply.
I was disappointed it was legal to say the least.