Dungeon Etiquette

Jim

Neophyte
If you are attacking a monster is it appropriate for someone else to come running in and killing it and then you get nothing. Or if you see someone attacking you should pass by. This has happened to me several times. Being young you do not get to rade any bodies but the ones you kill. You have the monster under control but then they come and steal it. Looking for information on this. I can not do much about it since they are much stronger than I. Thanks for the information.

Phrygian

Master
I don't ever expect any player in UO to be kind or have etiquette. Not saying they don't exist, I just don't ever expect it. Trust no one =p. Especially with Monster of the Month, brings out the worst in people.

Jim

Neophyte
going around and killing newbies what is exciting about that? Killing someone of your own level I can see.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
Unfortunately that is the world we live in, there is no real etiquette in dungeons, other than the etiquette you impose on yourself towards others, you determine if you want to be the sort of douchebag that robs people of their kill and their loot, or the one that stands back and applauds a new player for working hard to kill a mob for the paltry loot it may have had..

But also consider the MoTM mobs, people can one shot them, and it's a competition to kill as many as you can for the lottery MoTM loot they drop, so you'll likely never get someone holding back and letting you finish.

Phrygian

Master
going around and killing newbies what is exciting about that? Killing someone of your own level I can see.

Can't have that kind of attitude in this game. People kill people, whether you're new or a vet. It's a part of why we all play this game. Non-consensual PvP is a fundamental part of the game. Stealing, murdering, looting, etc...

Bromista

Grandmaster
I don't ever expect any player in UO to be kind or have etiquette. Not saying they don't exist, I just don't ever expect it. Trust no one =p. Especially with Monster of the Month, brings out the worst in people.
Yup. Expect the worst so that you can only be pleasantly surprised when someone deviates from the norm.

It's a good lesson for UO as well as life.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
To be honest, I play the game for the freedom of choice, knowing that my actions have repercussions, not for the non consensual PvP. Non consensual PvP being the norm, is actually a by-product of punishments not being strict enough. PK'n should be possible, but it shouldn't be second nature to absolutely everyone, there should be some consideration due to the detriments of doing it.. Unfortunately there are none here, so beware, anyone can and will do it.

JackPalance

Master
where do i find an ID Wand to check some unidentified items
There are a handful of ways- find them off mobs, purchase a blessed dono item with 50k charges, buy them from players or macro item Id on one of your mule/crafter toons

sshhaawwnn

Master
But yeah. Also, lots of pieces of shit. If I see someone (especially new) I’ll ask if you need help, if you say you’re good I’ll move along, but there are a lot of people that could give a shit less, it’s all about them. Like bromista said, the few that aren’t douche bags are pleasantly surprising.

Skrypt

Expert
@Jim

There is proper etiquette between players frequenting the same hot spots and those who recognize each other's name.
If you frequent an area, perhaps say hello every once in a while, ask others if they want help before engaging the same mob... then you can easily establish this.

This is also respect given by PK's to those who stand their ground and to those who take defeat with an appropriate attitude...
Example: "Good fight" -vs- "go **** your mother you garbage OOooooooo oooooOOoo ooOOOOo"