earthquake

Geriatric

Expert
would be nice to have earthquake that worked with similar mechanics to fire fields

would certainly speed up the tedious level 1 champion spawns as well
it always is the slowest part of the spawn due to no really effective area effect spells

halygon

Grandmaster
would be nice to have earthquake that worked with similar mechanics to fire fields

would certainly speed up the tedious level 1 champion spawns as well
it always is the slowest part of the spawn due to no really effective area effect spells
Ah.. Trammelfied earthquakes.. What an idea...

wreckognize

Grandmaster
+1

You know, one thing i thought of that could help get this to work would be to make the spells pvm only. Put them in a special book that PvM chars can access by joining the ''Rangers'' or something like that.

Then attach the spells to conquest achievements. Something like, kill 5000 titans get Ranger earthquake spell scroll.

Then make it all AoE type spells that basically do the same thing but have sick ass special effects that go along with them. Slow, repeating AoE damage to all mobs in the area, for the duration.

some examples:

Earthquake
Lavaquake
Thunderstorm
Aquarake
Merton

But yeah wouldn't that all be fancy. I'm pretty down tbh

also can we get moogles, sasquatches, mimics and behemoths? I feel like the shard would benefit from adding content that is nostalgic from other popular games.

Geriatric

Expert
what wreckognise said is probably taking it a bit to far

but i always remember poison and fire fields flagging you grey thats why they were never used
they are clearly an area effect spell
id just like to see earthquake given the same opportunity

halygon

Grandmaster
what wreckognise said is probably taking it a bit to far

but i always remember poison and fire fields flagging you grey thats why they were never used
they are clearly an area effect spell
id just like to see earthquake given the same opportunity
Actually I would vote for all area of effect spells to harm anyone and anything that walks into them. Explosion pots should work the same also.

This is not everquest, at least the last time I checked.

Geriatric

Expert
yeah either go one way or the other with it
changes like this would make pure mages utterly useless in PVM
cos you would have to change the rules of EV's and blade spirits too

would make griefing alot worse, people bring newbie blue characters to champ spawns just to give counts

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Well i wouldn't make the current EQ trammified, but some PvM only special effects could be great. especially for endgame goals!! You def wont see my butt hurting if i have to PK someone instead of BPK, especially in the name of great progress!