Efficient Poisoning Leveling Guide

bane

Master
Everytime I hear someone talk about raising poisoning they always talk about how difficult it is to level. With this guide you can level poisoning from 0 to GM with about 30k nightshade (60k gold).

Preparation:
To follow along with this guide you will need 400 free skill points (including poisoning) in your template to aid in leveling poisoning. We will be leveling Alchemy, Poisoning, Healing and Anatomy all at once. For this reason you will want to level poisoning pretty early into your characters life if their template won't include these additional three skills.

You will also need enough Magery to recall if you want the most efficient gains (macroing in a dungeon).

You will want 60 healing and anatomy so you can cure yourself of poison cheaply.

You will also need ~30k nightshade if you are comfortable macroing in a dungeon (have recall to bank, restock, recall back to dungeon built into macro).

Equipment Guide:
The basic premise here is that full poison kegs are heavy, expensive (compared to regs), and require a lot of preparation to make. This is time you could be spending leveling poisoning. Throughout this guide you will not make or fill a single keg. Instead you will make one poison potion and then immediately use that potion.

What you need to carry with you while leveling:
  • Nightshade - I carried 500-1000 nightshade depending on how often I ran into PKs in my dungeon macro spot. Early on 1000 nightshade will last you 1-2 hours of macroing. Build recall into your macro so you can restock from the bank/house and recall back to macro spot. This will minimize losses.
  • 20-30 mortars - You really only need one but I hated interrupting my macro to buy more.
  • 30 bottles - You only need one but sometimes you get a dungeon thief who does a random steal or a stack steal. If you only have one bottle your macro is immediately interrupted if they steal it.
  • Bandages - This is to heal accidental poisons.
  • Recall reagents or scrolls
  • Weapon to poison. You can use the newbie dagger here.
Gain Guide:
Poisoning will gain slower than alchemy and by the end of this guide you will be GM alchemy and GM poisoning so for this section I will only reference the poisoning skill at which you make and use each potion:
  • 0 - 50 : purchase from thief NPC in Bucs Den then use Lesser Poison until 50.
  • 50-65 : Make and apply Regular Poison.
  • 65-99 : Make and apply Greater Poison.
  • 99-GM : Make and apply Deadly Poison. You can use Greater Poison for this last point of gains but I found you used about 3k more nightshade than going with Deadly Poison. Have only leveled poisoning this way once though so could have been bad luck.
Always remember to eat and drink until full for the best gains.

Macro Tips:
For UO Steam I found that trying to use the "poisoned 'self' " to sense when I was poisoned was a little buggy. Instead remember that all poison damages you so just put a check to see if you are below max health and if you are bandage until you are back to full. Here is what that looks like:
Code:
while hits < maxhits
// Bandage yourself
bandageself
// This is variable depending on your dex.  Make sure to adjust this to your fastest bandage time possible
// plus 2 seconds to account for delays due to poison damage.
pause 13000
endwhile

Have a recall to bank, restock from bank, and recall back to macro spot built into your macro you can go from 50-GM completely AFK in very little time and risk.