Efficient ways of getting gold

Wizx13

Grandmaster
EASIEST DISTILLED FARMING GUIDE:

buy a silver weapon (can be found in moongate player vendors, shop around looking for the best price)
you will be spending a few thousand gold to gain many more thousands of gold pieces provided you don't die and lose the weapon right away. they pay themselves back quickly tho

kill undead creatures (a lich, mummys, etc)

this is the easiest and fastest way ... a silver weapon increases your damage against undead creatures hugely. one shotting and two shotting frequently
even just a [Silver] weapon with no other modifications will help you farm really fast, any attack bonus (ruin,might,force,power,vanq) is even better but more risky to lose

as you get richer you can afford silver+power/vanq weapons for ultimate farming speed

final tips:

- "joust" mobs you are fighting by running up to them when you are ready to swing to deliver the damage and then back away, returning for another strike when your swing cooldown is finished. the slower your weapon, the longer you back off until the swing is ready to go again. this prevents you from taking unnecessary damage by standing next to the mob(s). also by moving away from the mob's strikes your bandages slip less (results in the healing process completing faster and for greater HP recovered)

- carry greater cure potions and keep magic reflect up as much as possible to survive high damage flamestrikes and rapid poisons

- hiding skill can be used to drop aggro from mob when you need extra time to finish healing yourself or if you get in too deep with damage or other mobs gang up on you... learn when its time to flee and drop monster aggro before it's too late and an energy bolt or flamestrike vaporizes you
Organizer agent will move all the gems from your character backpack to any container you specify with a button macro[emoji2]
How do you do this drop gem macro?

I'll end up with carpal tunnel and loss of vision with all the gem collecting I do in dastard.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Bag to bag - don't think it's possible to macro loot corpses/chests (although I saw an insane tmap spawn the other day that had 10+ lichs/dread spiders/elder gazers last weekend that I can't imagine how else it popped up without killing the tmapper first...)
You can use a restock agent on treasure chests to loot them uber fast. But be prepared for massive spawn lol. Also, since fishing chests can be carried you can use organizer agents to sort them super fast. I have a fishing macro that throws all garbage on a nearby corpse, then sorts regs,gems, and items to specified bags. For t-hunting I have a macro that loots the chest. Then another that sorts the loot and corpses the trash. I honestly cringe when I think of life before I used agents.

On a side note fishing only costs the price of a ship, and without a doubt has the highest gph of any other activity. But be prepared for hours of boredom.

If I had to estimate fishing gph
100k per hour at less than 115
200-250 gph at more than 115 (osiredon rares being what give you a huge boost.)

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
You can use a restock agent on treasure chests to loot them uber fast. But be prepared for massive spawn lol. Also, since fishing chests can be carried you can use organizer agents to sort them super fast. I have a fishing macro that throws all garbage on a nearby corpse, then sorts regs,gems, and items to specified bags. For t-hunting I have a macro that loots the chest. Then another that sorts the loot and corpses the trash. I honestly cringe when I think of life before I used agents.

On a side note fishing only costs the price of a ship, and without a doubt has the highest gph of any other activity. But be prepared for hours of boredom.

If I had to estimate fishing gph
100k per hour at less than 115
200-250 gph at more than 115 (osiredon rares being what give you a huge boost.)

200-250 might be a bit high and rely a lot on luck. Osiredon doesn't spawn that often... maybe what, 2% of the time at 115?

At 115 fishing, I make around 130-150k per hour.

Yesterday I made 600k in 3 hours and a half of fishing + 1 hr of sorting loot/ID items/selling to NPC.

Unless you don't take into account the ID/selling items in your equation.