empty plots

Bromista

Grandmaster
Hanesboiiiiiiiiiiii

Quit revealing my dirty secrets.

BTW which plots do I own? For those keeping score at home.

We're all dying to know.

Ludwig

Grandmaster
@Shane any ideas sound good on this thread?

How about this:

Make it so every empty plot cannot be refreshed or has a quick decay. 1 week decay rate. Minimum amount of customized tiles to get normal decay rate. That may not stop all but will look a lot nicer.

Add a quicker decay for any house that goes to greatly X number of times in a given time.

This idea sounds pretty sharp to me! I suppose the only downfall would be people willing to redeed and replace their house to avoid collapse?

Young Star

Grandmaster
The houses already return a considerable amount less than the purchase amount when you re-deed them.
Yes there will always be ways to keep it up but making the effort to do so a little more involved I think at least is an improvement. I don't think my suggestions would impact active players housing refresh rate.

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
I love this idea. I've been watching an empty plot in my logging area for the last 2 months or so. Once it gets to 'Greatly', the owner will pop in to refresh it and disappear until next 'Greatly'. Rather annoying because they aren't using it, aren't advertising it for sale, just basically holding the spot for no reason other than to hold it. Putting the empty plots on a faster timer then one that has been built on would be nice, if you haven't built on the plot after several months, you probably don't intend to.

The bigger the plot, the longer the timer could be. It takes a considerable amount more to build up a 30x30 then it does a 7x7.

*Maybe take away the ability to refresh via the house sign and force the use of a door*

Ludwig

Grandmaster
The houses already return a considerable amount less than the purchase amount when you re-deed them.

Untrue for custom plots. You can redeed and replace a custom plot as many times as you want and as long as you have the gold in the bank for the original price, I promise you won't lose a single gold piece. Which is really convenient when you're trying to stretch a plot out to its max dimensions.

Faytality

Staff member
There's an 18x18 by my brothers house that's been a dirt plot for over two years. There's also an ageless 18x18 near my castle that's been a dirt plot even longer than that. Both seems like such a waste.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Needs to be a case-by-case basis. GM intervention only. They have the power to find the owner and make sure they know what's at stake.

Can't change the rules for everyone...not even with an ample heads up. If a player missed the memo and loses their plot that's one less player. Can't have that happen.

Either way it's time better spent doing something else...chasing ghosts or coding changes that would undoubtedly need to be reversed. It's a no-win situation.

WahRuk

Apprentice
Needs to be a case-by-case basis. GM intervention only. They have the power to find the owner and make sure they know what's at stake.

Can't change the rules for everyone...not even with an ample heads up. If a player missed the memo and loses their plot that's one less player. Can't have that happen.

Either way it's time better spent doing something else...chasing ghosts or coding changes that would undoubtedly need to be reversed. It's a no-win situation.

I'm not sure everyone is talking about the same thing. If someone is only logging in to refresh an empty plot I'm sure there is some way to track that. I don't see why people need more than 3 houses anyway it boggles the mind to think of all the crap people must be holding on to.

Maybe they can do a weekly stream where the GMs just go through peoples houses and we can see all the crap people have in them. Call it Extreme House Hoarders UOF.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
We could probably fix this pretty quickly. It would upset a butt load of people however.

My idea was just make dirt plots decay at rapid speed, 2 days etc.
Or get someone on the team that strictly just looks for house plots that are innactive for a long time and we will just remove them.

Young Star

Grandmaster
We could probably fix this pretty quickly. It would upset a butt load of people however.

Or get someone on the team that strictly just looks for house plots that are innactive for a long time and we will just remove them.
I was thinking more along the lines of a week long timer on dirt plots. Yeah some people are not going to like it but overall I think it will make the server look a lot nicer. Even if they just throw up 4 walls it would at least be worth it to not see so many dirt plots.

I was thinking more along the lines of a week long timer on dirt plots. Yeah some people are not going to like it but overall I think it will make the server look a lot nicer. Even if they just throw up 4 walls it would at least be worth it to not see so many dirt plots.
whats the difference between a plot with some walls and not? the BIGGEST problem is VPN accounts holding extra houses. People logging on refreshing houses/Dirt plots there trying to get back into game mode. They slip and the house falls, and that's the way it is. The housing market is cheap right now any way.

girana

Grandmaster

dirt plots decay in 2 days will not really work ppl will just put stupid walls into and log down trash

get someone to check houses is only thing will work imom

dirt plots decay in 2 days will not really work ppl will just put stupid walls into and log down trash

get someone to check houses is only thing will work imom
Just from reading his reply, also if you were to change the fact that other players can refresh other houses as friend this would change a lot! Make it were co owners can refresh houses only...

Afro Man

Grandmaster

Sweet! idea
20120914120348!Exploding-head.gif