#EndRedTrammel

Would you like to see this option removed?

• Total voters

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
Im not even asking for perma stat loss here - even that i will admit is for sure harsh.

We could just keep this option and make temp stat-loss account-wide on all red characters. Three strikes you're out.

=======

Honestly though, I am not sure I follow your logic @Silly Santa. How is 35-100k not a big enough cost for being a PK and dying?

When you have 8-10 (sometimes even more) EQMS members rolling together who are pre-loaded with EB - how often are they really all going to die? If one does- they have to spend 1-2 hours only farming that back..whereas to some people - 35k-100k is peanuts compared to their current wealth. Thus, these PKs are back in the fight in such a short amount of time after dying.

Red dies in a dungeon, they cant play that char for 48 hours.

Red dies outside of a dungeon, they must either pay 35-100k or not play for 48hours.

Why should the penalties differ from one another with where a PK dies?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
We could just keep this option and make temp stat-loss account-wide on all red characters. Three strikes you're out.

=======

Honestly though, I am not sure I follow your logic @Silly Santa. How is 35-100k not a big enough cost for being a PK and dying?

I think account wide shaming is a bad approach. I support removing head buyback. Account wide shaming is yet another means to encourage VPN abuse and it also affects players who have dedicate extremely valuable character slots to their play style.

Whatever approach is considered should focus on separating real reds from blues that have just one red on each account. Account wide shaming means a lot of wasted character slots for players that forego character slots for PvP.

Maybe just add an extra day to the stat loss. That would encourage reds to keep their characters alive without making entire characters worthless.

But the real solution to all of this is to incentivize PvP. This would benefit all parties and help people have fun. There are game mechanics that can be utilized in a fashion that makes everyone happy. Seeking a player class to punish is a brain dead and needless strategy.

Deadpool

Grandmaster
I think account wide shaming is a bad approach. I support removing head buyback. Account wide shaming is yet another means to encourage VPN abuse and it also affects players who have dedicate extremely valuable character slots to their play style.

Whatever approach is considered should focus on separating real reds from blues that have just one red on each account. Account wide shaming means a lot of wasted character slots for players that forego character slots for PvP.

Maybe just add an extra day to the stat loss. That would encourage reds to keep their characters alive without making entire characters worthless.

But the real solution to all of this is to incentivize PvP. This would benefit all parties and help people have fun. There are game mechanics that can be utilized in a fashion that makes everyone happy. Seeking a player class to punish is a brain dead and needless strategy.

I like this whole thing. I think this is the real route to take.

halygon

Grandmaster

I think Adam has some good plans toward this that fixes the issues you have detailed, primarily incentivising pvp while removing/reducing VPN abusers.

While I joked about it earlier, I don't think a account wide stat loss really would be a solution, neither would increasing the head buy back limit or fee. These would probably just piss off people more than anything.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
I think Adam has some good plans toward this that fixes the issues you have detailed, primarily incentivising pvp while removing/reducing VPN abusers.

While I joked about it earlier, I don't think a account wide stat loss really would be a solution, neither would increasing the head buy back limit or fee. These would probably just piss off people more than anything.

It is a real concern. Such a method was briefly implemented in the past and many players vocalize the need for it. Its easy to succumb to a knee jerk reaction and start implementing nerfs. Sometimes its called for if mechanics are out of whack but when it comes to actual play styles then game play should be considered. Incentivized PvP is an instance where blues, reds, pvp'ers, non-pvpers could all benefit. No nerfs needed. Everyone wins.

Head buyback is a mechanic that perhaps should be considered changing. Why not give an advantage to players that dedicate character slots to PvP toons? If the number of reds must be balanced then this is a quick and easy way to achieve it. With head buyback there is no need to have more than one red character which essentially allows anyone willing to pay 35k to play a red for an unlimited amount of time. I'd rather tilt the scales in favor of dedicated PKs who use their slots for their play style.

halygon

Grandmaster
It is a real concern. Such a method was briefly implemented in the past and many players vocalize the need for it. Its easy to succumb to a knee jerk reaction and start implementing nerfs. Sometimes its called for if mechanics are out of whack but when it comes to actual play styles then game play should be considered. Incentivized PvP is an instance where blues, reds, pvp'ers, non-pvpers could all benefit. No nerfs needed. Everyone wins.

Head buyback is a mechanic that perhaps should be considered changing. Why not give an advantage to players that dedicate character slots to PvP toons? If the number of reds must be balanced then this is a quick and easy way to achieve it. With head buyback there is no need to have more than one red character which essentially allows anyone willing to pay 35k to play a red for an unlimited amount of time. I'd rather tilt the scales in favor of dedicated PKs who use their slots for their play style.
You may not realize it, but the previous implementation that you are referring to was a partial implementation of a full system. It was planned out in advance, but the plug was pulled by Shane prior to fully enabling it. Only a piece was enabled for a short time. Shane decided that we use a much less extreme change first, so we did.

It may have seemed like a reaction to the cries of some players, but it really wasn't.

Had the full system (which we do not plan on implementing anymore as we have better solutions) been implemented, I think it would have been better received and liked by pvper and pvmer alike.

Longbeard

Apprentice
yeah the account wide stat is pretty dumb @ halygon
the mudersystem pretty much hasnt changed since the 3 or so years ive been on this shard.
I would have to re roll skills on quite a few of my chars if this was to be the change.
I think the issue is more or less with zerging.

yeah the account wide stat is pretty dumb @ halygon
the mudersystem pretty much hasnt changed since the 3 or so years ive been on this shard.
I would have to re roll skills on quite a few of my chars if this was to be the change.
I think the issue is more or less with zerging.
Zerging or lack of people willing to PvP? From what I see, its the latter. Zerging has always been a part of UO, its not going to break a shard.

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
Well op would rather complain and make a forum post about it rather than doing something about it.
lul
@ deadpool thanks that's my artwork :)
Stop acting like you think you know me. For your information, i took a murder count on someone just last night that was a meta tamer. Yes i PK.. Yes i PVP... kthxxx

Thx for your senseless feedback btw on my thread.

Last edited by a moderator: