Enhanced Client, let's beat that dead horse good and proper

skeletore1

Neophyte
The fact is that the Enhanced Client is very stable! Whoever said that it isn't is being very misleading. I can log into the pay servers and it's flawless. The enhanced client uses D3D and DirectX. It runs silky smooth compared to the old client. Also everything you can do in Razor plus more is done straight within the client.

It makes managing inventory so much easier because every item has a slot in a pack. It also makes using skills and spells much easier with a modernized hot bar like WOW has. It makes fighting monsters easier because of a tab target system like WOW. It also allows you to zoom in and out. The spell effect, animation, and monsters have more detail and better animations. Lighting is much better too, textures are better on everything.

You can also easily get 60 plus FPS and force use antialising in your video cards control panel. I could go on and on about how much better it is. Does the live pay servers suck? Of Course! However, the Enhanced Client is one of those things where when you experience it and get use to it you will not go back because it has so many advantages over the old client.

When UO launched it was a tile based game and due to this you get that jerky/choppy feel to everything. The enhanced client makes the fluidity of what you see very smooth more like a Diablo over head game as far as graphics, fps , responsiveness. Also higher quality textures, lighting, animation, better sound effects and higher quality sounding music. Plus the resolution can go to 1080p or even 4k. I had the enhanced client running on my 4k 40inch TV on the pay servers and uo looked so good!

Basically, Here is my problem. Free shards don't support it because they don't want to take the time to make it work. So, that means I am forced to play on the crappy live servers or not play UO at all. Since UO Forever refuses to support the enhanced client I don't play UO any more. Which is a real shame because they have a great server, but with no enhanced client support I won't be playing on it.

Ranker

Master
The fact is that the Enhanced Client is very stable! Whoever said that it isn't is being very misleading. I can log into the pay servers and it's flawless. The enhanced client uses D3D and DirectX. It runs silky smooth compared to the old client. Also everything you can do in Razor plus more is done straight within the client.

It makes managing inventory so much easier because every item has a slot in a pack. It also makes using skills and spells much easier with a modernized hot bar like WOW has. It makes fighting monsters easier because of a tab target system like WOW. It also allows you to zoom in and out. The spell effect, animation, and monsters have more detail and better animations. Lighting is much better too, textures are better on everything.

You can also easily get 60 plus FPS and force use antialising in your video cards control panel. I could go on and on about how much better it is. Does the live pay servers suck? Of Course! However, the Enhanced Client is one of those things where when you experience it and get use to it you will not go back because it has so many advantages over the old client.

When UO launched it was a tile based game and due to this you get that jerky/choppy feel to everything. The enhanced client makes the fluidity of what you see very smooth more like a Diablo over head game as far as graphics, fps , responsiveness. Also higher quality textures, lighting, animation, better sound effects and higher quality sounding music. Plus the resolution can go to 1080p or even 4k. I had the enhanced client running on my 4k 40inch TV on the pay servers and uo looked so good!

Basically, Here is my problem. Free shards don't support it because they don't want to take the time to make it work. So, that means I am forced to play on the crappy live servers or not play UO at all. Since UO Forever refuses to support the enhanced client I don't play UO any more. Which is a real shame because they have a great server, but with no enhanced client support I won't be playing on it.

So because of a client, that works fine as is, you won't play here because they won't support the one you want?

Who cares? Not to be a dick, But if that is your lame ass reason then I dunno what to say other than...Who cares?

skeletore1

Neophyte
So because of a client, that works fine as is, you won't play here because they won't support the one you want?

Who cares? Not to be a dick, But if that is your lame ass reason then I dunno what to say other than...Who cares?

It's not a lame ass reason. I played uo from launch and I was in the beta. The enhanced client is really awesome as far as all the things it brings to the table. Plus absolutely no need for razor any more. You can do everything in the client itself. The enhanced client is a huge step in the right direction. It fixed virtually everything that was wrong with the classic client. Everything has become streamlined, less convoluted. Inventory management is a huge jump up. It is so simplified you can find anything so fast and no hunting for things in your pack. Plus endless modernized hot bars where you can put any item or skill you have on it. Also a real targeting system like all other modern mmos.

When UO launched in the late 90's the classic client was fantastic for it's time, but I just can't go back to the classic client After playing UO in 4k on my 40inch LED with enhanced client

skeletore1

Neophyte
I am actually considering going back to Everquest 1. There is no full loot pvp which I'd miss, but it has some of the best PVE a MMO can deliver.

skeletore1

Neophyte
I have also been keeping an eye on Shards Online and *. They are more modern clones of UO with full loot pvp. Think shards is being developed by some UO developers.

Ranker

Master
It's not a lame ass reason. I played uo from launch and I was in the beta. The enhanced client is really awesome as far as all the things it brings to the table. Plus absolutely no need for razor any more. You can do everything in the client itself. The enhanced client is a huge step in the right direction. It fixed virtually everything that was wrong with the classic client. Everything has become streamlined, less convoluted. Inventory management is a huge jump up. It is so simplified you can find anything so fast and no hunting for things in your pack. Plus endless modernized hot bars where you can put any item or skill you have on it. Also a real targeting system like all other modern mmos.

When UO launched in the late 90's the classic client was fantastic for it's time, but I just can't go back to the classic client After playing UO in 4k on my 40inch LED with enhanced client

Well to me its lame, But its obv its not to you, and that's all that matters. I like the old one better. You don't wanna play here because of that then more b power to you, you are missing out on a great server.

StegcO

Grandmaster
Classic client IMO is better but idk maybe new EC have some macro/script inside that maybe will help people that dont know how to use razor or steam properly.

DrSaso

Master
Ideally someone needs to redo all the CC textures and sprites in HD and replace the EC graphics with these.

I moved over to the EC on osi as the functionality is great over the cc with the advanced macros/hot bars/etc.... but in my opinion, the character and monster models just look gash :(

Think I'm asking way too much haha xD

Chediak

Adept
My understanding is it doesn't have nearly the automation potential of razor/steam, and nobody's written any "assistant" programs to work with it. So it would be like playing the normal client without any of the helper scripts that we've come to take for granted. The UOF devs have put some functionality that takes the sting out of that a bit, such as the "[drink" and "[doubleclick" commands, otherwise we would be manually doubleclicking all potions which is no fun for anyone except those weirdos who buy the peanut butter you have to mix yourself. :)

Mordekai

I was trying to talk some friends into coming to UOF and they were asking me if the EC worked. Any chance it will ever be flipped on to allow it to stay connected? Since Shane did say they already had it working here.

Iniak

Neophyte
The smoothness of Sallos and Orion make UO a huge pleasure to play again. You can really tell a lot of work went into the Enhanced Client and I would love to see it on UOF. A big thanks to the Devs for all their hard work.