Enter: The Archaeologist

The loud creak of a heavy wooden door wakes from a trance, and for the moment you seem to have forgotten where you are or how you got here.

You lift your head up from your glass and see that you are sitting at the The Cat's Lair, a local tavern. A cool breeze stands the hairs up on your neck as a small group of people walk inside, all of whom immediately beginning taking off their drenched overcoats to hang them. Murmurs turned whispers now cease to exist.

*Cough cough cough*
*Clears throat*

"Hail and well met, good folk. Allow me to introduce myself." A man takes off his hat to reveal a wisp of grey hair and quickly tucks it under his gut. Taking a humble bow, he introduces himself. "I am Harold Wellington of the Archaeologists guild. I have been hired to investigate a strange structure that has appeared in the swamplands north of the City of Trinsic."

There is a pause as the man stops to wipe the fog from his monocle. The tavern is now alit again with murmurs and whispers alike. Most notably, a man sitting at the table in front of yours begins speaking loudly about the structure.

"My sisters boy nearly lost his leg to that mess," the man explains, "she almost cut the damn thing clean off with her bardiche trying to free him from the thick vines around there. That place is downright dangerous-"

"-which is EXACTLY why we'll be asking everyone to please, stay out of the area while our capable team sets up camp" exclaimed the Archaeologist loudly.

Now standing next to the table in front of yours, you get a good look at the man. He is wearing some strange clothing you have never seen before. The man is well kept, right to the finest detail.

"We will be totally transparent about our findings in the RP section of the UOF forums, just please be patient while we obtain answers to the many questions ye may have about the structure"

The man then walks away, and your head is once again heavy. You slump back over your glass and again enter another deep trance.

Last edited: