Ethereal mount stealing

StarBaby

Grandmaster
Always keep it in you MAIN backpack and youll be fine... it can only be stolen if its in another bag, pouch,,box or backpack that's lifted.

I saw a fairly new character mining in the Minoc caves and snooped him. I told him "You should really keep your horse in a bag so it can't be stolen." He put it in a bag and I took it.

I ran off and put it in the bank, then went back to him.

When I figured out that he had just payed $10 to get that mount I felt bad and gave it back to him.

A thief with a conscience, what good am I?

Nope, you are totally safe storing precious goods in individual pouches on your person while in a GZ, can't steal from you at all. Try to keep the pouches under 10 stones or so please!

gofer

Grandmaster
I saw a fairly new character mining in the Minoc caves and snooped him. I told him "You should really keep your horse in a bag so it can't be stolen." He put it in a bag and I took it.

I ran off and put it in the bank, then went back to him.

When I figured out that he had just payed $10 to get that mount I felt bad and gave it back to him.

A thief with a conscience, what good am I?

I still remember my first day on here in that same spot...you ended up feeling bad and stealing from other peeps to give to me there Robin Hood.

Dellan

Grandmaster
This is what I hate about feefs in here. Shit, the knowledge I have, my tricks of the trade, it's all a part of playing a thief, a metagame on its own. They took me awful time to discover, either through science, smarts or accidents, but dammit, I found them. Literally all I knew when I started playing as thief was steal last object. Rest came after time, and I'm damn proud I found most of them by myself. Seems like thieves here are like "Hey, you're new? Okay, I'll tell you all my secrets, so you don't feel bad, okay?". Yes, everyone in my guild knows my tricks, but that's because it's part of joining the guild, giving them my training. I do that because I want them to be the best there are. But on forums? Why would you give away all your secrets to someone ******** who just wants to try it as thief because they're oh so bad ass to play? Playing a thief is not like playing bard. It's completely different game, up to a point where you'd think that it ain't UO no more. It's a world where there is no farming. There are smarts, skills, planning, scheming, decepting, talking people into shit - stuff that you must love to do it properly. And if you do love the trade, then you'll find tricks by yourself. That's all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burn Dem Out

@Dellan You need to get out more

This is what I hate about feefs in here. Shit, the knowledge I have, my tricks of the trade, it's all a part of playing a thief, a metagame on its own. They took me awful time to discover, either through science, smarts or accidents, but dammit, I found them. Literally all I knew when I started playing as thief was steal last object. Rest came after time, and I'm damn proud I found most of them by myself. Seems like thieves here are like "Hey, you're new? Okay, I'll tell you all my secrets, so you don't feel bad, okay?". Yes, everyone in my guild knows my tricks, but that's because it's part of joining the guild, giving them my training. I do that because I want them to be the best there are. But on forums? Why would you give away all your secrets to someone ******** who just wants to try it as thief because they're oh so bad ass to play? Playing a thief is not like playing bard. It's completely different game, up to a point where you'd think that it ain't UO no more. It's a world where there is no farming. There are smarts, skills, planning, scheming, decepting, talking people into shit - stuff that you must love to do it properly. And if you do love the trade, then you'll find tricks by yourself. That's all.