European Ping

Freshstyler

Hi there,

I'm pretty new here, just started playing. Wasn't in game for couple of years, I was playing on defiance and little bit of gamers before. I'm from Poland and got same issue on ******** as on uo:f, pings are usually at 150-200. That's pretty high for me, this was one of the reasons that I moved to dfi (i was like 70 there). My connection is good, on European servers i usually get 20-30 pings.

Are there european players that somehow get lower pings on uoforever? Does software like lowerping.com etc. really works?

Malkraven

Grandmaster
you could probably knock of 20 ms or so with a vpn but half way between poland and texas is probably in the middle of the Atlantic so NY or some east coast server is probably the only option.

i am in uk and i ping around 150 as well..

Dellan

Grandmaster
CZ, 250-300. My provider (UPC) is totally fucked up.. With wtfast, best ping is 180, either london or germany servers.

Luxvero

Journeyman
I did try BattlePing, and I'm on WTFast right now

How did u guys do it with WTFast?
I Selected
game = UO clasic
Server = some city (chose best)
click [ PLAY ]

The thing goes on for a few seconds then tells me it was unable to locate the game launcher, then it tells me to do launch the game manually and to see if WTFast statistics show any In/Out traffic to ensure I'm being routed via their proxy.

Same with u guys?

The WTFast really shows traffic, same amount as razor, but ingame command
Code:
-ping
gives out the same result, and WTFast tells me its improving my average ping by 15%, and shows some lag spike now and again, to a grand total of 50% connection improvement.

Smells like bulshit so much

But for better results they advise selecting Chain connection. Now I'm kinda tech savvy, and this is much more believable, but unfortunately
they dont offer Server Chaining as trial, only as Advanced Premium (double as normal subscription), and they offer no money back guarantee.

Smells like bulshit so much.

And I Closed WTFast, but UO continued working! Even if WTFast did patch the game launcher loaded in memory, or routed via the OS, wasn't the connection supposed to fail the moment the routing ended?

It's not like RunUO is made to support this on-the-fly switch (or is it?)

Smells like bulshit so much.

By the way my ping is 150ms ~ 180ms