Event Suggestion: Add PVP zone to PVE events

Do you support adding a PVP zone to a small portion of PVE events with increased drops

• Total voters

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Why would anyone enter the PVP zone if there was no incentive to do so?

cos there aint enuff spawn in the GZ to support everyone leave GZ get more spawn

double or triple amount of rares/tokens that drop is gonna devalue anything that does drop.

Last edited by a moderator:

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
cos there aint enuff spawn in the GZ to support everyone leave GZ get more spawn

double or triple amount of rares/tokens that drop is gonna devalue anything that does drop.

How would it devalue what drops? You think its gonna be easy to farm those up when you got people coming into fight you? Could also make it so rares/clothes/other shite drop in the PVP zone that do not drop elsewhere.

If the staff ever did do this, they could make it easier on themselves and just make it so the invasion happens in a guard protected town but an equal invasion(with the higher loot chance) invades buc's den. Then you already got the flagging system figured out and people know what they're getting into.

this

Malkraven

Grandmaster
How would it devalue what drops? You think its gonna be easy to farm those up when you got people coming into fight you? Could also make it so rares/clothes/other shite drop in the PVP zone that do not drop elsewhere.

you trying to say if they add 3 times the amount of tame SS into th system they would hold value? ofc not if u add 3 times the amount of anything into the system the values will adjust to suit

drasked

Grandmaster
This would allow PVPers to battle over the 3x increased drop area... which is better than how events are now, i.e. no one playing except people farming in guardzone.

I'd personally rather see entire events dedicated to PVP instead of trying to fit PVP in to the current invasions, but anything is welcome at this point.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I'd personally rather see entire events dedicated to PVP instead of trying to fit PVP in to the current invasions, but anything is welcome at this point.

The good thing about PVP is it doesnt need an event to happen.... just need to give people an incentive to fight over(look at IDOCs and RDAs to a lesser extent), in this case the incentive would be increased drop rates.

fisty

Apprentice
anything that draws people to fighting, or provoking a desire to learn to fight for things / defend territory is a very good thing imo - seems like the long runners are pvpers and there's nothing more addicting in a game like this than hate fuel, enemies you've made, etc. a lot of the new players who have 0 incentive to fight will eventually get burnt out, i feel. i dunno, i can say personally that pvp is what has kept me around for so long, and with how expensive a pvp addiction can be, more people will turn to pvming to fund their habits. back to my original question - what is the harm in just even trying something like this once? worst case, it's something to laugh at and the pvp forums will be pretty funny for a day or two.

Lobstarr

Master
Didn't read whole thread, why not just make factioners get the drop rate increased so you don't have to waste time coding a sanctioned off area.

WAIT... I mean.. didn't @GluttonySDS say that coding a closed in ladder/pvp setup team battle would take just as much effort? I think so...

Trolling aside, If we make the effort to do this, please repurpose so that we can create setup fights for PvP events. There's something to say about having a system like this like most of the MOBA's out there , it creates competiton and creates small teams so maybe we can have a list of core groups learning actual pvp and maybe will venture out in <8 ppl or more. @Shane I mean... if we're talking about creating/showcasing action for streaming sites like Twitch.tv, all of the top channels are streaming the competitive aspect of their respective game.

Edit: Just read @halygon message, i agree 100% it should repurpose to faction system or something similar (militia?)

This idea applies similar to being a factioner at a champ event and the guaranteed power scroll associated with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Didn't read whole thread, why not just make factioners get the drop rate increased so you don't have to waste time coding a sanctioned off area.

WAIT... I mean.. didn't @GluttonySDS say that coding a closed in ladder/pvp setup team battle would take just as much effort? I think so...

Trolling aside, If we make the effort to do this, please repurpose so that we can create setup fights for PvP events. There's something to say about having a system like this like most of the MOBA's out there , it creates competiton and creates small teams so maybe we can have a list of core groups learning actual pvp and maybe will venture out in <8 ppl or more. @Shane I mean... if we're talking about creating/showcasing action for streaming sites like Twitch.tv, all of the top channels are streaming the competitive aspect of their respective game.

Edit: Just read @halygon message, i agree 100% it should repurpose to faction system or something similar (militia?)

This idea applies similar to being a factioner at a champ event and the guaranteed power scroll associated with it.

Problem with making it faction bonus only is people like aga who have chars in every faction and will simply log on their char in the faction corresponding to whomever has the largest group on at the time to farm the bonuses safely.

This could be fixed to give EQMS their own faction though.

As for your comment about "competitive" PVP -- a system already exists for that, its the duel pits which already contain a leaderboard.

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
If the staff ever did do this, they could make it easier on themselves and just make it so the invasion happens in a guard protected town but an equal invasion(with the higher loot chance) invades buc's den. Then you already got the flagging system figured out and people know what they're getting into.

Can't see why this couldn't be tried out for a single event. If it ends up with just one large guild farming freely with little to no opposition then we know it might not work and try something else.

Perhaps the answer could also be to run the event on one of the smaller island like Ocllo or Moonglow but with the balance of the spawn to greatly favor the non guard zone outside of city limits. Thus compelling players to band up and risk the wilderness for more drop opportunities verses fighting it out for low amount of spawn in town.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Can't see why this couldn't be tried out for a single event. If it ends up with just one large guild farming freely with little to no opposition then we know it might not work and try something else.

Perhaps the answer could also be to run the event on one of the smaller island like Ocllo or Moonglow but with the balance of the spawn to greatly favor the non guard zone outside of city limits. Thus compelling players to band up and risk the wilderness for more drop opportunities verses fighting it out for low amount of spawn in town.

I mean, its cool to get rich and all farming safely in guardzone but there should always be an option with more risk and more reward.

Peav

Grandmaster
Do something for pvpers...
26d8ae829b024a109cd9459909ef2704.png

PvP is awesome here in Kingdoms. You guys didn't pre order the beta key from 2014, you will have to wait for the release in 2018.

Lobstarr

Master
Problem with making it faction bonus only is people like aga who have chars in every faction and will simply log on their char in the faction corresponding to whomever has the largest group on at the time to farm the bonuses safely.

This could be fixed to give EQMS their own faction though.

As for your comment about "competitive" PVP -- a system already exists for that, its the duel pits which already contain a leaderboard.

So you are saying we are making these changes off of one person in the minority? For somebody that doesn't even farm? And you're way of resolving that is by creating a faction for one guild? Designing solutions for edge case scenario's is not good time/effort for the team or business in general.

Again, reading comprehension is important here — the comment about 'competitive' pvp had to deal with team events, not 2v2, 3v3, etc in a 10x10 cube. You really have to take your bias against me aside and realize that I am agreeing with you on the basis that is re-purposed elsewhere that makes it beneficial for other functions for the server.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
So you are saying we are making these changes off of one person in the minority? For somebody that doesn't even farm? And you're way of resolving that is by creating a faction for one guild? Designing solutions for edge case scenario's is not good time/effort for the team or business in general.

What you will see if factioners can farm freely is everyone going on their minax chars to farm the extra bonuses with no PVP happening. Its not an "edge case" -- look at how many people have chars in minax for the sigil bonuses. Making the PVP event happen in bucs requires no coding except the increase of the drop rate.

Again, reading comprehension is important here — the comment about 'competitive' pvp had to deal with team events, not 2v2, 3v3, etc in a 10x10 cube. You really have to take your bias against me aside and realize that I am agreeing with you on the basis that is re-purposed elsewhere that makes it beneficial for other functions for the server.

I have no bias against you as I have no idea who you are... competitive pvp has to do with team events? Huh? If anything would be attractive on twitch.tv it would be huge/chaotic battles, not small little scripted 2v2 or 3v3 where the person watching would have no idea what is going on unless they have been dueling for 10 years.

Lobstarr

Master
What you will see if factioners can farm freely is everyone going on their minax chars to farm the extra bonuses with no PVP happening. Its not an "edge case" -- look at how many people have chars in minax for the sigil bonuses. Making the PVP event happen in bucs requires no coding except the increase of the drop rate.

PvP events in areas like buc dens is fine, i agree with that... otherwise, yes, it is an edge case because you can just create characters to counter the issue the same way aga 'supposedly' does.

I have no bias against you as I have no idea who you are... competitive pvp has to do with team events? Huh? If anything would be attractive on twitch.tv it would be huge/chaotic battles, not small little scripted 2v2 or 3v3 where the person watching would have no idea what is going on unless they have been dueling for 10 years.

You don't see 20vs20 pvp battles on csgo, wow, tanks even though all those games permit it. Those are probably the highest watched channels on twitch right now. People want to see skill vs skill and having an optimal number to do that in a team setting showcases that. You're right that its probably not 2v2 or 3v3, but at the same times its not a big/chaotic batle that you are assuming it is. And im not making fluff , just go look at the top channels on twitch.tv right now, thats factual data right there.

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
You don't see 20vs20 pvp battles on csgo, wow, tanks even though all those games permit it.
But there's a reason a lot of people don't watch Twitch at all, ie, not interested in seeing 2v2 in an MMO lol. I'll watch Server Crashes on PlanetSide 2, but I'd likely fall asleep watching anything smaller than 64v64. So the data is accurate for its userbase, sure, but there are non-users who would rather see more amazing things (or experience it themselves) then d00lz and small team events.

The only complaint I have with these invasions is I don't know where the fuck the town guards are. UOPS says one thing, the game says another, and yet I can kill someone on this tile inside GZ, and three tiles over get guardwhacked. Is it Trammel or is it Felucca? If there are guards, they should gwhack the mobs; if there aren't, then you kill the mobs and reap the rewards. Shouldn't be an inbetween where you can kill mobs in a GZ.

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
cups said:

They did an invasion in Bucs once and if I recall, it didn't end well. No one was fighting the spawn and when blues got the upper hand there were tears and if I remember, some GM intervention which made others mad and in the end, no more Bucs invasions since.

That said, I said I see no issue with a pvp area during an invasion for those who want that. I even suggested it for the Christmas event. Just spawn heavier inside guard zone where the risk is having to handle a lot of spawn and lighter spawn in the pvp area maybe and as a nonpvper, if someone takes that step to manage both mobs and the risk of reds, an increase of a drop wouldn't offend me, as a trammy.

PVMers on this shard deal with the risk every day of being pk'd, which is how it should be. So don't be so surprised when for 24 hours, once in awhile, we can do so without that risk and like it. I think having those events from time to time is what keeps some PVMers. The invasions don't hurt anything. Reds should just hop on their blues and farm for bit to stock their butlers. It also tends to pick up action on the water as most of the pvp during these invasions happens off the coast of these cities.