Explosion potions once again. Some suggestions.

Baby Blue

Master
There's some changes I'd love to see regarding explosion potions.

1) Explosion potions shouldn't split their damage between several targets (zerg friendly and stupid mechanic).

2) Blue players should be able to hurt other blue players and even their own guild members with explosion potions (not in town though). Yes, you'd have to be more careful when to throw potions but there would be less mindless pot spamming.

3) Increased max dmg.

Thoughts? These mechanics are copied from other shards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baby Blue

Master
Explosion pots are fun and already nerfed. Whether you like it or not explosion potions plays a huge part in modern ultima online. I'm sorry if you don't like it.

drasked

Grandmaster
Don't really see a problem with explo pots. They work well and require some skill to use (except for people legally scripting them)

Bromista

Grandmaster
Increase max damage... no way. If anything reduce max damage and give a buff to all other pots/stats the way alchemy is supposed to be.

OR leave the absurdly high max damage (considering there is basically no cooldown) and add attrition to chain tossing pots. Every pot you toss should have a lower damage ceiling (but still do variable damage, obviously) until you hit the minimum...whatever that should be determined to be.

Say max damage is 30, min damage 10. Attrition takes place over the course of consecutively throwing five pots reducing the ceiling by four pts of damage each pot. Break the cycle of attrition by physically attacking your opponent: a swing and a wiff, swing and a hit, or spell casted on a target.

It makes too much sense so naturally it's never going to happen. So fuck it.

Fuck it all.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Increase max damage... no way. If anything reduce max damage and give a buff to all other pots/stats the way alchemy is supposed to be.

OR leave the absurdly high max damage (considering there is basically no cooldown) and add attrition to chain tossing pots. Every pot you toss should have a lower damage ceiling (but still do variable damage, obviously) until you hit the minimum...whatever that should be determined to be.

It makes too much sense so naturally it's never going to happen. So fuck it.

Fuck it all.

the proposed changes would actually mean that pot spamming outside of dungeons would become less frequent.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
I'm of the mind alchemy bonus should be removed.

Not a popular stance, but there it is.

I agree that pot damage should not be split among targets.

I also agree that anyone in the blast radius should be hit.

Baby Blue

Master
I'm of the mind alchemy bonus should be removed.

Not a popular stance, but there it is.

I agree that pot damage should not be split among targets.

I also agree that anyone in the blast radius should be hit.
It's really difficult to kill any decent players without alchemy bonus and explosion potions, especially if your opponents are trying to escape, using healing templates or you're fighting outnumbered. That's why alchemy bonus is needed. It's not good if you always need other players help to kill someone.

Elizabeth Gold

Grandmaster
It's really difficult to kill any decent players without alchemy bonus and explosion potions, especially if your opponents are trying to escape, using healing templates or you're fighting outnumbered. That's why alchemy bonus is needed. It's not good if you always need other players help to kill someone.
Said no EQMS member ever :D

No seriously, I understand where you are coming from, thats the reason I played on a macing character during OSI days; beat the stamina out of them!

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
It's almost a shame that stamina potions aren't on a cool down; making it easier to beat the stam out of mages.

But I think stam potions having a cool-down could have a bigger impact on dexxers.

Love my maces. :D

The Gandin

Grandmaster
There's some changes I'd love to see regarding explosion potions.

1) Explosion potions shouldn't split their damage between several targets (zerg friendly and stupid mechanic).

2) Blue players should be able to hurt other blue players and even their own guild members with explosion potions (not in town though). Yes, you'd have to be more careful when to throw potions but there would be less mindless pot spamming.

3) Increased max dmg.

Thoughts? These mechanics are copied from other shards.

I'm a little confused, you don't think damage should be split between several targets but blues can hurt other blues or guild members can hurt other guild members? So what you mean is, let's let everyone get hit by pots but only one unlucky person gets all the damage? I'm not really getting that one. If anything, the split damage should remain but also anyone can get hit.

Baby Blue

Master
I'm a little confused, you don't think damage should be split between several targets but blues can hurt other blues or guild members can hurt other guild members? So what you mean is, let's let everyone get hit by pots but only one unlucky person gets all the damage? I'm not really getting that one. If anything, the split damage should remain but also anyone can get hit.
Not just one unlucky person. I meant everyone in the blast radius should get hit with the same amount of damage. So it doesn't matter whether there's 1 target or 5 targets. Do you understand what I mean?