Factions

bradley-

Grandmaster
I love the fact that a lot more people are joining factions now! I never joined factions before, but some guildies got me into it. BUT, I would like to suggest having some sort of penalty for killing members of the SAME faction. For some odd reason a few people in game (3 specifically) in Shadowlords feel the need to fight absolutely everybody... While that may seem fine and dandy to some, calling for help to fight PKs over the [f faction chat followed by a 3v1 gank and telling me to "gtfo of my faction" seems like the EXACT OPPOSITE of what the admins want for factions.. Why join a faction if people IN MY SAME FACTION want to kill me over and over in an attempt to force me out or get me to join another faction?

The players want PvP SOOOOO BADLY and I understand.. But telling me to "gtfo of my faction" after killing me and then rez killing me makes me want to not be in a faction AT ALL... And that goes back to the PK thing where if EVERYBODY PKd then no one would go outside of town and then the blues leave the server and then the server dies..

This is an EXCELLENT way to kill factions just as it has really begun!

I doubt anything will be done about this... But its worth a shot.. I do enjoy the faction PvP but not so much when my own faction "calls for help" and then ganks me cause they want to be the only people in the faction..

*EDIT*
Just wanted to add that I'm not a huge PvPer and this has only pushed me away from it even more :confused:

halygon

Grandmaster
@bradley- I understand where you are coming from, but you got to remember that a faction is not the same as a guild or guild alliance. Within a faction, each guild pushes to become the top guild in that faction and control the towns.

I can't really say that what those "3 shadowlords" did was right or wrong, because well hell, my guild has done the same thing. For me though, I don't understand why the hell any blue guild would be SL or Minax, sounds idiotic to me.

Maybe you should grab some more SL guilds and band together to push those guys(which two of them I am guessing have already posted in this thread) out. If you try real hard, you can make their life living hell. Here are some tactics that they will love:
  • Work with opposing faction guilds to eradicate those in your own faction you dislike
  • Jump those in your own faction (who you dislike of course) while they are fighting opposing factions or defending sigils. (There's no guard zones within faction bases so murders are all good :) )
  • Just do everything you can to prevent them from accomplishing any faction goals, keep your faction at the bottom of the rankings ( you can always bring it back up after you have removed the rats)
This is down and dirty, its in-game politics and that's how it should stay. GMs/Devs should not be forcing faction members to play nice with each other -- that's the player's duty.

jkg8787

Master
If you wanted PvP you got it.
I'm assuming you're just ticked off that you got killed by people you weren't expecting to kill you. If they shit-talked you and killed you why would you expect anything other than a res-kill?

If you want even-numbered, controlled fights head to the duel pits.

eric_azria

Grandmaster
@bradley- I understand where you are coming from, but you got to remember that a faction is not the same as a guild or guild alliance. Within a faction, each guild pushes to become the top guild in that faction and control the towns.

I can't really say that what those "3 shadowlords" did was right or wrong, because well hell, my guild has done the same thing. For me though, I don't understand why the hell any blue guild would be SL or Minax, sounds idiotic to me.

Maybe you should grab some more SL guilds and band together to push those guys(which two of them I am guessing have already posted in this thread) out. If you try real hard, you can make their life living hell. Here are some tactics that they will love:
  • Work with opposing faction guilds to eradicate those in your own faction you dislike
  • Jump those in your own faction (who you dislike of course) while they are fighting opposing factions or defending sigils. (There's no guard zones within faction bases so murders are all good :) )
  • Just do everything you can to prevent them from accomplishing any faction goals, keep your faction at the bottom of the rankings ( you can always bring it back up after you have removed the rats)
This is down and dirty, its in-game politics and that's how it should stay. GMs/Devs should not be forcing faction members to play nice with each other -- that's the player's duty.

Interesting strategy. We openly welcome every bullet point posted here.

Kraden

Grandmaster
I love the fact that a lot more people are joining factions now! I never joined factions before, but some guildies got me into it. BUT, I would like to suggest having some sort of penalty for killing members of the SAME faction. For some odd reason a few people in game (3 specifically) in Shadowlords feel the need to fight absolutely everybody... While that may seem fine and dandy to some, calling for help to fight PKs over the [f faction chat followed by a 3v1 gank and telling me to "gtfo of my faction" seems like the EXACT OPPOSITE of what the admins want for factions.. Why join a faction if people IN MY SAME FACTION want to kill me over and over in an attempt to force me out or get me to join another faction?

The players want PvP SOOOOO BADLY and I understand.. But telling me to "gtfo of my faction" after killing me and then rez killing me makes me want to not be in a faction AT ALL... And that goes back to the PK thing where if EVERYBODY PKd then no one would go outside of town and then the blues leave the server and then the server dies..

This is an EXCELLENT way to kill factions just as it has really begun!

I doubt anything will be done about this... But its worth a shot.. I do enjoy the faction PvP but not so much when my own faction "calls for help" and then ganks me cause they want to be the only people in the faction..

*EDIT*
Just wanted to add that I'm not a huge PvPer and this has only pushed me away from it even more :confused:

+1 You shouldnt be able to kill you fellow factioners. Totally defeats the purpose of factions. Day one I joined factions a while back just for the robe for my thief I got res killed by someone in my own faction, like how does that make sense at all. Pretty stupid to me

halygon

Grandmaster
Interesting strategy. We openly welcome every bullet point posted here.
Hey, just suggestions here. But if you want to know the effectiveness, ask Tet how it worked out for Faid when they joined CoM with KBR on uoforever, or how it worked out for the Devils here when they picked a fight with Crew. Either way, the tactics worked.

This is UO conflict at it's best and makes memorable stories later on.