Farm 500 crystals to summon arch demon now??

UpRoX

Journeyman
I hope it doesn't stay like this and it is just a test.. Atleast give the person who is turning in the crystals a higher chance to receive the Relic or something.. Spent all morning farming 500 crystals just to have moochers come in and kill the demon.. Pretty dumb mechanic if there isn't really a reward to kill the mobs to get it to spawn... Or just take it out and leave it how it was spawning every 4-5 hours..

Mark Wainwright

Apprentice
I too am disappointed with this trend. I have done over 25 arch daemon events and haven't gotten a relic yet. I just see there being less and less chances at something that is already a low percentage. Maybe if you turn in a high amount of items you get a higher chance at relic? That way I think you'd have a lot more people farming the dungeon for the crystals.

kurtis

Grandmaster
You had to realize the likelihood of that happening...............................................................

But that is a fair point. People are just afking at the altar and clicking every once in a while to see when the count gets close to 500. I suggest that the altar count is not visible to anyone who clicks it. Instead, the count is given as a client message every time you turn in a crystal. That way, only people who are actively contributing get access to how close the boss is from spawning. And maybe if you turn in 25 or more crystals, you get a notice on your screen that the boss has spawned.

wil3ur

Grandmaster
I would agree with Kurtis, or even go as far as to say that entry into the 'champ' area is blocked if you're not partied with, or actually on the list of people who turned things in. I spent 3 hours last night turning in shards only to have to go to bed. I'm sure someone got something nice for my hard work... but with the number required, versus the number of spawns/spawn time... it's pretty much a crapshoot if you're actually going to be around for the event, let alone actually get a random drop from the event.

I like the idea of actually working for the spawn (not just having 4 people standing around), but it seems a bit like Communism if anyone can go in and get an item, but didn't actually have to work for it. I realize you guys are Canadian and all, but c'mon man!!!!

wil3ur

Grandmaster
Some other concerns, a ratman gives you a crystal... The higher end MOBs only give you a crystal. Can the drops be scaled based on difficulty of the kill?

Would it be possible to award the crystals straight to the backpack based on damage done? I had quite a few instances of me provoing and working MOBs only to have some lamer run through, get two hits on it so his corpse is gray, and autoloot the crystal and recall out before I could do anything.

The idea is great, but definitely needs some work in order to be fair to the people actually participating, and not fair to the welfare queens waiting for a handout.

God.RG

Grandmaster
Some other concerns, a ratman gives you a crystal... The higher end MOBs only give you a crystal. Can the drops be scaled based on difficulty of the kill?

Would it be possible to award the crystals straight to the backpack based on damage done? I had quite a few instances of me provoing and working MOBs only to have some lamer run through, get two hits on it so his corpse is gray, and autoloot the crystal and recall out before I could do anything.

The idea is great, but definitely needs some work in order to be fair to the people actually participating, and not fair to the welfare queens waiting for a handout.
both of your posts/ideas are trammy as fuck.

Nasak

Grandmaster
I didnt read all of the posts but my two cents is that -- the testing should conclude that this system however clever doesnt work in the desired way....

too small of a dungeon for too little drop for too little reward

too long of a timer after all the hard work --

all the hardwork doesnt mean anything when any body that comes in can reap the rewards of the boss once it is summoned

slight adjustments and this is a great implementation to the game

Discrete

Apprentice
I like the idea when Bradley posted about it, and I like how quickly community input is implemented here! Then, I farmed for a bit, did one spawn, and realized how much more annoying this particular change is.

Pros:
  • No longed tied to a timer
  • More people doing things in dungeons

Cons:
  • No reward for doing all the farming
  • All mobs drop the same (single) crystal -- it'd be nice to have tougher mobs drop crystals that are worth more than 1, or lower the required crystal count and make only tough mobs drop them
  • Boss spawns in a RANDOM location, BLAGH! The arch demon had his own room already! For larger dungeons, this would be super blagh.

Bobaganoosh

Master
You had to realize the likelihood of that happening...............................................................

But that is a fair point. People are just afking at the altar and clicking every once in a while to see when the count gets close to 500. I suggest that the altar count is not visible to anyone who clicks it. Instead, the count is given as a client message every time you turn in a crystal. That way, only people who are actively contributing get access to how close the boss is from spawning. And maybe if you turn in 25 or more crystals, you get a notice on your screen that the boss has spawned.
So I only have to kill one thing an hour to find out where the count is...

Nasak

Grandmaster
So people can't farm and have 500 of them all the time which is pretty much impossible anyway lol. It's a lot of work to get there and good amount of ppl doing it